The Student Room Group

Can i get pregnant

Ok I had sex for the first time and the condom broke. I took the morning after pill within 36 hours. is there any chance I can get pregnant, I have heard this is the best and the most safe method and if taken within 72 hours it prevent pregnancy?

Scroll to see replies

If you have followed the instructions properly then you won’t be pregnant
Even if you had a fertilised egg it would be expelled by the emergency contraceptive
Reply 2
Oh yeah serious answer if the condom broke and he "came" and you then took the pill likely chance you're gonna be pregnent.
Original post by Xox-jessika
Ok I had sex for the first time and the condom broke. I took the morning after pill within 36 hours. is there any chance I can get pregnant, I have heard this is the best and the most safe method and if taken within 72 hours it prevent pregnancy?

yes, there's no effective 100% thing preventing you from getting pregnant now
Original post by Blanch
Oh yeah serious answer if the condom broke and he "came" and you then took the pill likely chance you're gonna be pregnent.

:lol: They said 'morning after pill' and the whole purpose of that is to terminate a pregnancy so nope, they won't get pregnant.
Did he orgasm inside you or did he pull out as soon as he realised the condom broke? If he didn't orgasm, then there's a chance some sperm still got into you. If he did, then there would be a high chance. However, you seem like you've followed the instructions well, so I'd say your chances of pregnancy have been dramatically reduced, however, the chance hasn't been eradicated. If you don't get your period, then take a test. Until then, assume you're fine.
Reply 6
Original post by hannxm
:lol: They said 'morning after pill' and the whole purpose of that is to terminate a pregnancy so nope, they won't get pregnant.

It was hours later though??? So it is still a likely chance the sperm got to the egg and things are already happening but still it is likely not 100% :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Still though most likely she gonna get pregnant
The morning after pill is not 100% effective, so it is possible.
Original post by Blanch
It was hours later though??? So it is still a likely chance the sperm got to the egg and things are already happening but still it is likely not 100% :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Still though most likely she gonna get pregnant

I really hope you get some sex education before you become sexually active.

You have up to 72 hours to take the morning after pill - they did it within 36 hours so they're fine. Stop trying to scare them unnecessarily.
There is a 1.3% chance that OP will get pregnant. It is more effective the sooner it is taken as well.

Original post by Anonymous
The morning after pill is not 100% effective, so it is possible.
Reply 10
Original post by hannxm
There is a 1.3% chance that OP will get pregnant. It is more effective the sooner it is taken as well.

Ok I'll listen to you. I am very sorry for my mistake.
I'll never do it again.
Sorry.
Original post by hannxm

Exactly - there's a chance. Why would we tell the OP that she definitely won't get pregnant, lead her to believe she's fine, and then find out she's part of that 1.3%? No contraception is 100% effective!
Reply 12
Go on the pill from now on
Original post by Blanch
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool well should of got a stronger condom.

Like one that's made of titanium? :hmmm:
Just take a pregnancy test if you don’t have you’re period or however long u have to wait after you have sex to take one think it’s two weeks
Reply 15
Like one that's made of titanium? :hmmm:

Woah going too far that would be painful the the woman wouldn't it?
Looooool.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Exactly - there's a chance. Why would we tell the OP that she definitely won't get pregnant, lead her to believe she's fine, and then find out she's part of that 1.3%? No contraception is 100% effective!

It's a slim chance. OP should just be aware that the likelihood is slim as it seems people are fear mongering in this thread.
Original post by Blanch
Woah going too far that would be painful the the woman wouldn't it?
Looooool.

Nah man, the scientists at the labs in America have made one out of titanium which is soft as a feather yunno :beard:
Reply 18
Nah man, the scientists at the labs in America have made one out of titanium which is soft as a feather yunno :beard:

Nahh.. THat's just a madness what is this!!!!!
Science gone too far fam what the hell.
Loooooooooooool.
Original post by hannxm
It's a slim chance. OP should just be aware that the likelihood is slim as it seems people are fear mongering in this thread.

You said they won't get pregnant, so I just wanted to make the OP aware that even though it's a slim chance, there's still a chance.

Tbh any time you have sex there's a chance you'll get pregnant regardless of the contraception you use unless you've had a hysterectomy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending