The Student Room Group

Symptoms of period or pregnancy

Hi noticing acne on the back and face, an increase in appetite and cramps are they symptoms of period to come or pregnancy..?
Reply 1
What have you done to make you think it's pregnancy?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
What have you done to make you think it's pregnancy?

Me and my man had protected sex he ejaculated within the condom before pulling himself out the condom was in me but when disposing the condom it was all sloppy, me and him myself knew that he didn’t ejaculate within me otherwise he said it wouldn’t be protected and he’d felt it whilst I’ve been having symptoms recently I can’t be able to establish whether that’s period or pregnancy and my period usually starts on the 29th of each month yet it has not started yet I also have felt stressed because of my university coursework and deadlines but could these symptoms and this be holding it back and is it more of period symptoms than anything…?
Reply 3
Those can be symptoms of both. You can either wait a few more weeks to see if your period returns when you're less stressed or get a pregnancy test to ease your worry. I would suggest getting the test done because you're only going to be more stressed, and that can delay your period even further.

If it turns out that you aren't pregnant, try to eat healthier foods during coursework and exam periods to counter the effects of stress. Check your vitamin levels as well. I always missed mine when stressed and found out I was deficient in a lot of vitamins.
Reply 4
Original post by DarylO
Those can be symptoms of both. You can either wait a few more weeks to see if your period returns when you're less stressed or get a pregnancy test to ease your worry. I would suggest getting the test done because you're only going to be more stressed, and that can delay your period even further.

If it turns out that you aren't pregnant, try to eat healthier foods during coursework and exam periods to counter the effects of stress. Check your vitamin levels as well. I always missed mine when stressed and found out I was deficient in a lot of vitamins.

Recently Ive been taking turmeric tablets to help increase my Vitamin D levels can my period be impacted by that…
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Recently Ive been taking turmeric tablets to help increase my Vitamin D levels can my period be impacted by that…

I'm not sure and can't give proper medical advice about medication. It's different for everyone. Some people will react badly to certain drugs while others won't. It would be best to get a routine check-up so they can prescribe you pills that work well for you, if they notice anything odd.
Reply 6
Me and my man had protected sex he ejaculated within the condom before pulling himself out the condom was in me but when disposing the condom it was all sloppy, me and him myself knew that he didn’t ejaculate within me otherwise he said it wouldn’t be protected and he’d felt it whilst I’ve been having symptoms recently I can’t be able to establish whether that’s period or pregnancy and my period usually starts on the 29th of each month yet it has not started yet I also have felt stressed because of my university coursework and deadlines but could these symptoms and this be holding it back and is it more of period symptoms than anything…?

Take a pregnancy test asap.Currently you are just guessing and if you are pregnant the sooner you find out the better.
Reply 7
Original post by Scotney
Take a pregnancy test asap.Currently you are just guessing and if you are pregnant the sooner you find out the better.

When you say guessing guessing how
Reply 8
Original post by DarylO
I'm not sure and can't give proper medical advice about medication. It's different for everyone. Some people will react badly to certain drugs while others won't. It would be best to get a routine check-up so they can prescribe you pills that work well for you, if they notice anything odd.

It’s not a medication I’m prescribed to have daily it’s like supplements and a type of tablet to help improve vitamin D
Reply 9
When you say guessing guessing how

No one on here can say whether you are pregnant or not and neither can you without a test.Hence looking for 'signs' is just playing a guessing game.Actually sounding and acting like a 14 yr old tbh
Reply 10
Original post by Scotney
No one on here can say whether you are pregnant or not and neither can you without a test.Hence looking for 'signs' is just playing a guessing game.Actually sounding and acting like a 14 yr old tbh

I’ll do a test regardless although it wasn’t split or broke open but I’ll do it but hopefully it comes as the usual date to starting is approaching
Reply 11

Or the fact that it's not the 29th so that's why your period hasn't started yet?
Reply 12
Original post by Surnia
Or the fact that it's not the 29th so that's why your period hasn't started yet?

I hope your right but thank you for your advice maybe just overthinking
Reply 13
It’s not a medication I’m prescribed to have daily it’s like supplements and a type of tablet to help improve vitamin D

I just call everything medication since that's still a type of drug. But like the others have also said, test ASAP. Then, you can do a general check-up later and sort out proper supplements with the doctor.

I was assuming you missed the 29th of last month but you didn't. Don't worry so much. It's not even the 29th yet
Hi noticing acne on the back and face, an increase in appetite and cramps are they symptoms of period to come or pregnancy..?

When i got pregnant i was really hungry and also i got loads of bacne so idkkk
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #2
When i got pregnant i was really hungry and also i got loads of bacne so idkkk

I’ve had my period

Quick Reply

Latest