The Student Room Group

Social Policy Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone,

I'm actually a sociology applicant originally, offered places from Warwick, Liverpool, Newcastle etc, but Bristol rejected me and offered me this instead saying I had a 'very strong application', I was two grades under their requirement so i expected it. But I LOVED Bristol, whats the difference between this course and sociology? Bristol have offered me a place but I'm so conflicted whether I take Warwick (LOOOOVE the course *mega feminist based*) or i just bugar everything and go with Bristol.

HELP

thanks,
Fleur
Original post by fleurwest
Hey everyone,

I'm actually a sociology applicant originally, offered places from Warwick, Liverpool, Newcastle etc, but Bristol rejected me and offered me this instead saying I had a 'very strong application', I was two grades under their requirement so i expected it. But I LOVED Bristol, whats the difference between this course and sociology? Bristol have offered me a place but I'm so conflicted whether I take Warwick (LOOOOVE the course *mega feminist based*) or i just bugar everything and go with Bristol.

HELP

thanks,
Fleur

Its definitely a difficult decision, go to the applicant open days and get a feel for both courses. Social policy is very similar sociology and you can take modules from sociology so I wouldn’t let that phase you too much. You also have a while to decide so don’t stress too much!😊
Anyone else who signed up to the Bristol offer holder day (7th March) received an email to say it's cancelled? To be honest I'm not very impressed because I've bought my train tickets already and they're non redundable 😔 Not sure how to proceed, I think I'll have to call Bristol uni tomorrow.
Original post by Viserysgoldcrown
Anyone else who signed up to the Bristol offer holder day (7th March) received an email to say it's cancelled? To be honest I'm not very impressed because I've bought my train tickets already and they're non redundable 😔 Not sure how to proceed, I think I'll have to call Bristol uni tomorrow.

Yeah I just found out really annoying as I’m sure people have also probably booked hotels, I’m not sure why I wish that we were given more information
Original post by MelissaPittman
Yeah I just found out really annoying as I’m sure people have also probably booked hotels, I’m not sure why I wish that we were given more information

I think it's probably to do with the strikes regarding pensions, the strikes are continuing for around 3 weeks I think!
Reply 65
So I finally got my offer from LSE, massive relief after all the waiting. Still not sure if I'll accept it since it's so expensive and I've got a few concerns about the teaching standards. Still so nice to have 5/5 offers! Any updates from anyone?
Original post by coldwater1
So I finally got my offer from LSE, massive relief after all the waiting. Still not sure if I'll accept it since it's so expensive and I've got a few concerns about the teaching standards. Still so nice to have 5/5 offers! Any updates from anyone?

Congratulations! Any decisions yet?
Reply 67
Congratulations! Any decisions yet?

I decided on firming Birmingham (just because I loved the course so much and it's only half an hour on the train from where I live), with Bristol as my insurance. What about you?
Original post by coldwater1
I decided on firming Birmingham (just because I loved the course so much and it's only half an hour on the train from where I live), with Bristol as my insurance. What about you?

Fantastic :smile: I went to the open day at Bristol yesterday and loved it, firmed it on the way home 😬 Here's to getting the grades. X
Reply 69
Fantastic :smile: I went to the open day at Bristol yesterday and loved it, firmed it on the way home 😬 Here's to getting the grades. X

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending