The Student Room Group

Moving out of your comfort zone?

What extremes of revision have you done to ensure an A/A*?
Reply 1
Original post by MajorFader
What extremes of revision have you done to ensure an A/A*?

If you want the grades put in the work! 10 hours per week should be enough if you’re a fast learner with a good general understanding of your subject.
Reply 2
Original post by georgem93
If you want the grades put in the work! 10 hours per week should be enough if you’re a fast learner with a good general understanding of your subject.

Okay I know :smile:, that wasn’t my question though.
Reply 3
Original post by MajorFader
Okay I know :smile:, that wasn’t my question though.

Past papers are key to success! Do as many as you can, even ask your teachers to write their own mock exam questions for you. Read slightly outside of what you’re expected to know to help develop your understanding of the topics. Memorising doesn’t work too well, you really need to understand concepts and then the A/A* will roll in.
I got AAA and have a 1st class honours degree in biomedicine, I’m now doing my MSc in Cancer Biology... it worked for me!
Original post by georgem93
Past papers are key to success! Do as many as you can, even ask your teachers to write their own mock exam questions for you. Read slightly outside of what you’re expected to know to help develop your understanding of the topics. Memorising doesn’t work too well, you really need to understand concepts and then the A/A* will roll in.
I got AAA and have a 1st class honours degree in biomedicine, I’m now doing my MSc in Cancer Biology... it worked for me!

Sorry to be nosy but I’m just curious, where did you study at uni???

Quick Reply

Latest