The Student Room Group

New Sixth Form

I’m approaching the end of my GCSE exams and now it’s looming over me that I’m gonna leave my current school. Which I’m not gonna lie is exciting as I’ve had hell in secondary, but now I’m super stressed out as I’m going to a completely new sixth form. I won’t know anyone or anything there and what’s even worse I’m super introverted, I physically cannot go around and attempt to make friends, so now I’m super worried about being a complete loner or labelled as the “weird external girl”, so yea any advice? P.S my chosen subjects are English Literature, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology xx
Original post by winxx33
I’m approaching the end of my GCSE exams and now it’s looming over me that I’m gonna leave my current school. Which I’m not gonna lie is exciting as I’ve had hell in secondary, but now I’m super stressed out as I’m going to a completely new sixth form. I won’t know anyone or anything there and what’s even worse I’m super introverted, I physically cannot go around and attempt to make friends, so now I’m super worried about being a complete loner or labelled as the “weird external girl”, so yea any advice? P.S my chosen subjects are English Literature, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology xx

hey i moved to a completely different school for sixth form and would also say i'm very shy and quiet when it comes to meeting new people. the best thing to do is acting confident, smiling at everyone and going out of your way to make conversations with people. as difficult as it is you have to keep putting yourself out of your comfort zone. as soon as you make eye contact with someone smile and just go up to them and introduce yourself and ask them what subjects they take etc. the more you do it the easier it gets and for me that really helped. also remember there are so many other externals who are in the same boat as you so you're not the only one and if you make the first move, making friends will be a whole lot easier x
Reply 2
Original post by username50028453
hey i moved to a completely different school for sixth form and would also say i'm very shy and quiet when it comes to meeting new people. the best thing to do is acting confident, smiling at everyone and going out of your way to make conversations with people. as difficult as it is you have to keep putting yourself out of your comfort zone. as soon as you make eye contact with someone smile and just go up to them and introduce yourself and ask them what subjects they take etc. the more you do it the easier it gets and for me that really helped. also remember there are so many other externals who are in the same boat as you so you're not the only one and if you make the first move, making friends will be a whole lot easier x

Thank youuu, I’ll try my best but my anxiety sometimes gets the better of me aha x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending