Do you have to play sports to fit in at Exeter?

Watch this thread
ojdajuiceman777
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
  1. Hi, thinking of applying here but I've heard that sports is a prominent aspect of uni life at Exeter, and i am totally NOT a sporty person. Would I have trouble fitting in or making friends?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
If you are not a sporty person, there are lots of other societies that you can join and meet people. It just depends what your interests are!
ojdajuiceman777
Rep:
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
If you are not a sporty person, there are lots of other societies that you can join and meet people. It just depends what your interests are!
Thank you for the reply, so not playing sports won't be a problem? What kind of non-sporty societies exist at Exeter?
cheesecakelove
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ojdajuiceman777)
Thank you for the reply, so not playing sports won't be a problem? What kind of non-sporty societies exist at Exeter?
I think all universities have different types of societies and clubs. When I was at university, aside from the non-sporty ones, there was the student newspaper, film society, cheese society (yes this was real!), St John's Ambulance, BBC/Korean/Malaysian/French/German/Spanish society, book society, classical society, knitting society, and much more. Your course department might have its own society too so you can interact with coursemates outside of classes. It just depends on what you are looking for really! When you start university, go to the Freshers Fair. There are lots of stands for each society and you can see what's on offer. They usually have lots of freebies too!
ojdajuiceman777
Rep:
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
I think all universities have different types of societies and clubs. When I was at university, aside from the non-sporty ones, there was the student newspaper, film society, cheese society (yes this was real!), St John's Ambulance, BBC/Korean/Malaysian/French/German/Spanish society, book society, classical society, knitting society, and much more. Your course department might have its own society too so you can interact with coursemates outside of classes. It just depends on what you are looking for really! When you start university, go to the Freshers Fair. There are lots of stands for each society and you can see what's on offer. They usually have lots of freebies too!
Thanks again! So there isn't any pressure to join any sports clubs if you're not a sporty type of person?
cheesecakelove
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ojdajuiceman777)
Thanks again! So there isn't any pressure to join any sports clubs if you're not a sporty type of person?
No, you can just join the societies you are interested in!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (84)
19.18%
The paper was reasonable (167)
38.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.94%
It was TERRIBLE (69)
15.75%

Watched Threads