The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Do you have to play sports to fit in at Exeter?

Hi, thinking of applying here but I've heard that sports is a prominent aspect of uni life at Exeter, and i am totally NOT a sporty person. Would I have trouble fitting in or making friends?

If you are not a sporty person, there are lots of other societies that you can join and meet people. It just depends what your interests are!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by cheesecakelove
If you are not a sporty person, there are lots of other societies that you can join and meet people. It just depends what your interests are!

Thank you for the reply, so not playing sports won't be a problem? What kind of non-sporty societies exist at Exeter?
Original post by ojdajuiceman777
Thank you for the reply, so not playing sports won't be a problem? What kind of non-sporty societies exist at Exeter?

I think all universities have different types of societies and clubs. When I was at university, aside from the non-sporty ones, there was the student newspaper, film society, cheese society (yes this was real!), St John's Ambulance, BBC/Korean/Malaysian/French/German/Spanish society, book society, classical society, knitting society, and much more. Your course department might have its own society too so you can interact with coursemates outside of classes. It just depends on what you are looking for really! When you start university, go to the Freshers Fair. There are lots of stands for each society and you can see what's on offer. They usually have lots of freebies too! :biggrin:
Original post by cheesecakelove
I think all universities have different types of societies and clubs. When I was at university, aside from the non-sporty ones, there was the student newspaper, film society, cheese society (yes this was real!), St John's Ambulance, BBC/Korean/Malaysian/French/German/Spanish society, book society, classical society, knitting society, and much more. Your course department might have its own society too so you can interact with coursemates outside of classes. It just depends on what you are looking for really! When you start university, go to the Freshers Fair. There are lots of stands for each society and you can see what's on offer. They usually have lots of freebies too! :biggrin:

Thanks again! So there isn't any pressure to join any sports clubs if you're not a sporty type of person?
Original post by ojdajuiceman777
Thanks again! So there isn't any pressure to join any sports clubs if you're not a sporty type of person?

No, you can just join the societies you are interested in! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending