The Student Room Group

Studying for Primary School PGCE

I am interested in applying for the Primary PGCE. I am 38 and currently an IT Technician in a grammar school since 2002. I graduated from Ulster University in 2001 with a 2:2 honours degree in Computer Science.I am married with 2 children (4 &2) and I was wondering what are my chances of getting onto one of the courses here in NI or is that a 'how long is a piece of string' type question? My wife is at home looking after the kids as our youngest has additional needs so going to England is not an option for me.Would I be as well applying for the one in Coleraine and the early years one in Stranmillis?
Reply 1
Early Years in Stranmillis is more specific in that you need a degree in Early Years. Contact Coleraine and find out if they would accept your degree onto their PGCE? They might ask if you have experience in a Primary School also.
Reply 2
Original post by Zippy23
Early Years in Stranmillis is more specific in that you need a degree in Early Years. Contact Coleraine and find out if they would accept your degree onto their PGCE? They might ask if you have experience in a Primary School also.

Thanks for the reply. I've been speaking to Coleraine. They are happy enough with my degree but unfortunately I didn't study very hard for my GCSE science and got a D! So I'm repeating it this year.

CEA are a bit of a pain as they don't seem to have all past papers on their site. Some are there, some aren't!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending