The Student Room Group

Just found out he doesn’t like me

I liked a guy for a while, I’ve just found out through his friend that he only thinks of me as a friend-the signals have been there for a while but I didn’t really want to accept them lol. Soooo...how do I get over this horrific feeling and stop liking him?
Reply 1
Plenty more fish philosophy. Only way, plus it's true.
With time. It may hurt right now, unrequited feelings generally do, but what helped me in the past was letting myself feel the pain, let myself cry etc and eventually the time came where it wasn’t as raw and other things took over.
Reply 3
You put the feeling on the floor and take a running jump over it. Your welcome. Don't be discouraged if you don't clear the feeling first time.

But seriously you just do. Just focus on your work and spend time with your friends etc. You just wake up one day and feel less depressed about things.
Original post by Anonymous
I liked a guy for a while, I’ve just found out through his friend that he only thinks of me as a friend-the signals have been there for a while but I didn’t really want to accept them lol. Soooo...how do I get over this horrific feeling and stop liking him?

talk about ur feelings to another friend u trust , give it time
Reply 5
Original post by Lepidolite
With time. It may hurt right now, unrequited feelings generally do, but what helped me in the past was letting myself feel the pain, let myself cry etc and eventually the time came where it wasn’t as raw and other things took over.

It’s so annoying because he’s the only thing occupying my mind and I have exams coming up :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Time heals all wounds (not exactly true but go with it). It's hard to realize how insignificant a problem is until you look back at it. My suggestion is to keep yourself occupied at all times until you realize the insignificance. Your life is more than 1 dude who doesn't like you. Everyone has been there at some point. Hope this helps :smile:

(I should probably listen to my own advice)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending