The Student Room Group

Ex refuses to be friends again

I just broke up with this boy I was dating for a short amount of time. I'm 15 and in my opinion it was a minor relationship. I broke up with him simply because I felt uncomfortable and I preferred us as friends. Even though everything made theoretical sense to me, when I said yes, it became clear later on that it simply wasn't for me, and so I felt comfortable breaking up with him. A week later, after him being really upset as I did expect, he texts me saying that we can't ever be friends again because it will be too awkward and he'll never be as happy with me as he was when we were dating. I find this really difficult to take in, because I feel like I've completely lost a friend, and thrown away something I used to have.
Is there a way we can be friends again or will it always be awkward as he says it will? And is he making a valid point?
well you were probably special to him so i doubt he's gonna get over it immediately , give it time
Original post by Anonymous
I just broke up with this boy I was dating for a short amount of time. I'm 15 and in my opinion it was a minor relationship. I broke up with him simply because I felt uncomfortable and I preferred us as friends. Even though everything made theoretical sense to me, when I said yes, it became clear later on that it simply wasn't for me, and so I felt comfortable breaking up with him. A week later, after him being really upset as I did expect, he texts me saying that we can't ever be friends again because it will be too awkward and he'll never be as happy with me as he was when we were dating. I find this really difficult to take in, because I feel like I've completely lost a friend, and thrown away something I used to have.
Is there a way we can be friends again or will it always be awkward as he says it will? And is he making a valid point?

He has a point. It's difficult to move on.
Girl,

What’s meant to be will be! If he’s meant to be in your life then in time it will happen if not just move on but don’t stress yourself as this situation in time will pass and you’ll probably forget about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending