The Student Room Group

Reaching for the stars...

Hey!
I'm in y13 and currently studying A English Literature, Biology and Chemistry. I'm predicted ABC, and I'd really like to achieve ABB (or better 😉) to get onto my Audiology course!

I'm using this to track my progress....so I don't sit around just eating chocolate all Christmas! But really get something done 😊

Does anyone have any advice for revising these subjects? Or how to be productive over Christmas...instead of binge watching random series 😉💖
Reply 1
Original post by Thatsurreygirl
Hey!
I'm in y13 and currently studying A English Literature, Biology and Chemistry. I'm predicted ABC, and I'd really like to achieve ABB (or better 😉) to get onto my Audiology course!

I'm using this to track my progress....so I don't sit around just eating chocolate all Christmas! But really get something done 😊

Does anyone have any advice for revising these subjects? Or how to be productive over Christmas...instead of binge watching random series 😉💖

idk why no ones responded. can’t rrly comment for bio ++ eng lit so hope someone else says something

for chem tho. i’d say you gotta understand the content first somehow. so you should find a student book // good revision guide so you understand the course (refer back to the specification so u know what u need to know) and have multiple sources for information as it always helps. once you’ve done that you should answer as many past paper questions as possible. whatever you get wrong, go over and make sure u understand fully. there’s a guy on youtube called e rintoul who makes good chem vids

on staying productive. try waking up early and getting all your revision done asap, have a timetable or a check list of what u want to get done and imagine the end goal of results day... u can do it, good luck!!
Original post by ppdtg
idk why no ones responded. can’t rrly comment for bio ++ eng lit so hope someone else says something

for chem tho. i’d say you gotta understand the content first somehow. so you should find a student book // good revision guide so you understand the course (refer back to the specification so u know what u need to know) and have multiple sources for information as it always helps. once you’ve done that you should answer as many past paper questions as possible. whatever you get wrong, go over and make sure u understand fully. there’s a guy on youtube called e rintoul who makes good chem vids

on staying productive. try waking up early and getting all your revision done asap, have a timetable or a check list of what u want to get done and imagine the end goal of results day... u can do it, good luck!!

Thank you! I'll check the videos out! Chemistry is definitely my hardest A level so I appreciate the advice! 😊
Reply 3
I did Biology A Level :biggrin: I think the key is to highlight concepts that you're unsure about and go over them lots and lots of times. Drawing out diagrams can be really useful to help out with the light dependent reaction in photosynthesis, for example.

In terms of studying over Christmas, I find it really hard too when my family is around! You just need to find yourself a quite space, eat all the chocolate you want :wink:, and just get down to the work :smile:

Good luck with your blog! I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress
Original post by Amefish
I did Biology A Level :biggrin: I think the key is to highlight concepts that you're unsure about and go over them lots and lots of times. Drawing out diagrams can be really useful to help out with the light dependent reaction in photosynthesis, for example.

In terms of studying over Christmas, I find it really hard too when my family is around! You just need to find yourself a quite space, eat all the chocolate you want :wink:, and just get down to the work :smile:

Good luck with your blog! I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress

Thank you for the advice! I've done some drawing of the nervous system today...and it's really helping 😉

Thanks 😊
Thursday 21st December

Hey,

How is everyone's uni applications going? ...I got rejected from Swansea today....so that was kind of disappointing!

But I have been surprisingly productive, after binge watching some Downton Abbey😂🙈 I've revised plenty of Biology for my January mock and annotated a few poems too 😊

15138877597401413588335.jpg
Reply 6
Original post by Thatsurreygirl
Thank you for the advice! I've done some drawing of the nervous system today...and it's really helping 😉

Thanks 😊

Can we see it?

Love your annotated poem by the way, looks amazing! :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending