The Student Room Group

Why dont girls talk to me/like me

Ok first of i'm sorry for being a miserable goot on Christmas but while i'm sat here by myself in my room there's some things i wanna get of my chest.

So i'm looking through my friends snapchat and about 90% are them with their GF enjoying their time together , makes me wonder to myself "why can't i be like that" i never had a girlfriend (but i understand that i'm only 17 and i still got life ahead of me) that is true but i don't wanna be alone for another couple of years in my life.

I don't understand why girls don't like talking to me (the ones i've been with at school) i messaged some people on snapchat a couple of days ago and they just flat out ignored me , there was this one girl who i had crush on for a couple of years and she seemed flirty with me , i asked her for her number yesterday and she ignored me , a little bit of me died inside.

Does anyone have tips or advice i can use here , much appreciated , thanks x

p.s i don't want a gf for sex or anything , i want someone i can make happy and have her feel comfortable to talk to me whenever she wants and so i can make her happy

Scroll to see replies

You sound like a nice guy, just keep being yourself and you'll find someone :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Ok first of i'm sorry for being a miserable goot on Christmas but while i'm sat here by myself in my room there's some things i wanna get of my chest.

So i'm looking through my friends snapchat and about 90% are them with their GF enjoying their time together , makes me wonder to myself "why can't i be like that" i never had a girlfriend (but i understand that i'm only 17 and i still got life ahead of me) that is true but i don't wanna be alone for another couple of years in my life.

I don't understand why girls don't like talking to me (the ones i've been with at school) i messaged some people on snapchat a couple of days ago and they just flat out ignored me , there was this one girl who i had crush on for a couple of years and she seemed flirty with me , i asked her for her number yesterday and she ignored me , a little bit of me died inside.

Does anyone have tips or advice i can use here , much appreciated , thanks x

p.s i don't want a gf for sex or anything , i want someone i can make happy and have her feel comfortable to talk to me whenever she wants and so i can make her happy

Just keep trying , or figure out why they don’t want to pursue a relationship with you (I.e you may not be their type but then again they may just want to be friends). But to be honest look for a girl that would accept you for who you are. Don’t change yourself for someone. If you find a girl you like, be flirty and funny (but not intense) and just outgoing and confident. One day you will find someone . Good luck! Xx
Reply 3
i mean i am 17 so i'm not gonna go that far to go online dating
Reply 4
Original post by Jamie_Dodger
You sound like a nice guy, just keep being yourself and you'll find someone :h:

thank you but girls just use me for their own purposes :frown:
Reply 5
Work on yourself first. Get new hobbies, meet new people and get up your confidence.

You're 17, you don't have to worry about girls right now. You'll get more chances later on.
Reply 6
Original post by marzipan1030
Just keep trying , or figure out why they don’t want to pursue a relationship with you (I.e you may not be their type but then again they may just want to be friends). But to be honest look for a girl that would accept you for who you are. Don’t change yourself for someone. If you find a girl you like, be flirty and funny (but not intense) and just outgoing and confident. One day you will find someone . Good luck! Xx

i've been waiting all my life , but thanks , it's harder than i thought tbh especially going to a new college now
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
Work on yourself first. Get new hobbies, meet new people and get up your confidence.

You're 17, you don't have to worry about girls right now. You'll get more chances later on.

i was playing basketball at college but i'm not allowed in anymore cause i'm too bad :frown:
thank you but girls just use me for their own purposes :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that, because you really don't deserve it.

I'd suggest working on your confidence and self-esteem for a while before actively searching for a girlfriend, because that's ultimately the most important thing.

I hope you feel better about yourself soon and eventually find someone who is right for you.
Reply 9
Keep at it. Dating is hard work with so many blow outs. But with patience and tenacity success comes
I'm sorry to hear that, because you really don't deserve it.

I'd suggest working on your confidence and self-esteem for a while before actively searching for a girlfriend, because that's ultimately the most important thing.

I hope you feel better about yourself soon and eventually find someone who is right for you.

thankyou , any tips on how i do that
Original post by Zarek
Keep at it. Dating is hard work with so many blow outs. But with patience and tenacity success comes

why do they ignore me though :frown:
thankyou , any tips on how i do that

I'm not the most self-confident person in the world, and I struggle with low self-esteem quite a bit but I'd say just try and compliment yourself more, focus more on positive things and surround yourself with people you care about/things you enjoy, and learn to appreciate/respect yourself more.
I'm not the most self-confident person in the world, and I struggle with low self-esteem quite a bit but I'd say just try and compliment yourself more, focus more on positive things and surround yourself with people you care about/things you enjoy, and learn to appreciate/respect yourself more.

i would if all my friends appreciated me for who i am , but thankyou very much
i was playing basketball at college but i'm not allowed in anymore cause i'm too bad :frown:

what UWS said.

work on improving yourself. if its your basketball, practice with your friends or on your own until you can play well

hit the gym, start reading books,

the more you improve the better chances you'll have of getting a girl
Aww that’s rly cute (the last para)! I guess it’s harder being the guy bc as ima girl, I would expect the guy to ask me out. I guess just get friendly with a girl you sit next to in class. I sat next to this guy in maths last year and he made me laugh and smile every lesson and I ended up having a massive crush on him, even though he wasn’t that great looking. Hope you find someone!!
Original post by angelike1
what UWS said.

work on improving yourself. if its your basketball, practice with your friends or on your own until you can play well

hit the gym, start reading books,

the more you improve the better chances you'll have of getting a girl

i have been hitting the gym which i'll do more of next term
Not much more to add that others haven't already. Try not to dwell on it. Hard I know around this time of year. Be yourself, find your passions, meet new people with common interests. When the hormones start calming down early-mid 20's, it won't seem so overwhelmingly emotional and / or painful.

Become the self you were meant to be, and things almost always fall into place. Often best not trying to look for it, it often comes out of the blue when you least expect it. You still a young lad (I assume, no offense meant if lesbian!), you have a whole life time of exploration of emotions, places, people, opportunities, to enjoy.

C'est la vie.
i'm good
thank you , i tried doing that with 2 girls in my chem class but they have bf :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending