The Student Room Group

Gf wants me to go out with all her mates and there boyfriends but am really nervous

She wants me to come to a New Years Eve party with her and her girl mates with there boyfriends, they'll be 12 of us and there all really attractive from what I've seen, Am an introvert I told her I prefer to have a day out, then go on a night out just me and her for New Years Eve but she wants me to come to the party instead, I get really anxious about things like this, is there anything I can do to feel less anxious?
Reply 1
She's probably banged them all anyway, no need to be nervous.
bring a tablet so you can sit in the corner and play sims
Just drink 'n chill
Reply 4
Don't overthink it too much. I used to do that and it works you up too much and ruins your day, just convince yourself that this is just a normal day, no different to any other time you go out. Its only for a few hours. You go out, you say hi, your girlfriend and all her friends will be doing all the talking. You just do what most loyal boyfriends do and stand next to them and pretend to listen to everything they say and nod along lol you drink, they talk some more, you make a bit of small talk, before you know it it'll all be over. Its usually not as bad as people anticipate it to be so don't worry.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
She wants me to come to a New Years Eve party with her and her girl mates with there boyfriends, they'll be 12 of us and there all really attractive from what I've seen, Am an introvert I told her I prefer to have a day out, then go on a night out just me and her for New Years Eve but she wants me to come to the party instead, I get really anxious about things like this, is there anything I can do to feel less anxious?

What happened in the end
Reply 6
New years isnt for ages mate you have some time to think about it x
Original post by Anonymous

whenever you feel anxious then breathe in for 4, hold for 7, and breathe out for 8 - this really helps me and loosens you up a bit more its proven to help panic attacks etc - have a few drinks as well
Reply 8
Original post by caymen
What happened in the end

I went to it and had a great time haha I had a little drink but they all told her they really like me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending