The Student Room Group

Single life

I've been feeling pretty sad as of late
Everywhere I look people are in relationships, having children, getting engaged some even married.

Then there's me I'm 22, been in one long term relationship(was abusive and toxic)
All my life I've often thought men aren't interested in me , like I'm just not what they want.
It's horrible.

I've also been in relationships that were just starting and then they lose interest.

I was seeing a man recently he pursued me like mad at first, picked me up, took me on dates, he was dead sweet.

He kept hinting that he doesn't like how men try to talk to me online (i don't understand because nobody talks to me online like that) anyways he kept saying if you were mine I would hate that.

So after a couple of dates I spoke to him about making it official since he gave impression he wanted that too.
He said let's not rush and then it went too I'm not ready.
He went weird blocked me on Instagram because he doesn't want to see me because it will make him talk to me again.
He still tries to talk to me too

This is all I get every time.
Even when people tell me to datedown it doesn't work
They still act the same

It's very depressing

I also find it very hard to meet new men because my job is all female and we never leave the house
My friends are all coupled up or the older ones have kids.
I go the Gym but the gym isn't the sort of place to talk to new people, everybodies concentrating on working out.

Online dating sites, I just get people being creepy

What can I do 😪
I'm really sorry this has been your experience!

Honestly there are a few problems:
1. You could be choosing the wrong guys. Because you are watching the people around you and what they are doing, you are not being picky with men, and that could be why you keep getting disappointed in the end.
Question: did you have sex with the guy that blocked you?
2. Maybe it's something that you give off. Maybe you are showing them your thoughts - that you are desperate for a boyfriend to show off. Honestly in this society it is really easy to want to keep up with everyone, but when you start dating someone, just keep it to yourself and aim to maintain your privacy and let the relationship grow naturally without trying to become 'exclusive'. That will happen naturally.
3. Maybe you lack confidence, so these guys ( even the ones below your league ) don't value you or respect you.
It is important to work on yourself before jumping into a relationship, because something as simple as your own personal self esteem could stop the relationship from progressing.
4. In terms of online dating, you are not really the catchment group, and therefore the likely hood you you finding someone your age, near you, etc is low. Try something like Tinder. Here there are loads of young people ( although it is known for hook ups, you can filter those people out ).
5. Go out more. It seems to me like your life is repetitive, and if you went clubbing, to concerts, or random parties ( there is an app where people post their parties and people just turn up - but always go with someone!!)
6. Always maintain your hygeine. Maybe that is the problem and you just don't know it.
7. Also maybe wait a little before having sex. You want to filter out the guys who want a hook up and the ones who want to get to know you.

Also one thing to remember is that you can be happy without a guy. Once you find comfortability yourself and your singleness, and still happy, then the right sort of people will gravitate towards you.

Lastly, don't look at your friends with kids and see a rosy picture. Kids are a nightmare, so don't be quick to get pregnant thinking it will maintain a relationship.

But also make friends with other single girls, because your current friends aren't that relatable anymore.
Reply 2
Original post by pfdavina
I'm really sorry this has been your experience!

Honestly there are a few problems:
1. You could be choosing the wrong guys. Because you are watching the people around you and what they are doing, you are not being picky with men, and that could be why you keep getting disappointed in the end.
Question: did you have sex with the guy that blocked you?
2. Maybe it's something that you give off. Maybe you are showing them your thoughts - that you are desperate for a boyfriend to show off. Honestly in this society it is really easy to want to keep up with everyone, but when you start dating someone, just keep it to yourself and aim to maintain your privacy and let the relationship grow naturally without trying to become 'exclusive'. That will happen naturally.
3. Maybe you lack confidence, so these guys ( even the ones below your league ) don't value you or respect you.
It is important to work on yourself before jumping into a relationship, because something as simple as your own personal self esteem could stop the relationship from progressing.
4. In terms of online dating, you are not really the catchment group, and therefore the likely hood you you finding someone your age, near you, etc is low. Try something like Tinder. Here there are loads of young people ( although it is known for hook ups, you can filter those people out ).
5. Go out more. It seems to me like your life is repetitive, and if you went clubbing, to concerts, or random parties ( there is an app where people post their parties and people just turn up - but always go with someone!!)
6. Always maintain your hygeine. Maybe that is the problem and you just don't know it.
7. Also maybe wait a little before having sex. You want to filter out the guys who want a hook up and the ones who want to get to know you.

Also one thing to remember is that you can be happy without a guy. Once you find comfortability yourself and your singleness, and still happy, then the right sort of people will gravitate towards you.

Lastly, don't look at your friends with kids and see a rosy picture. Kids are a nightmare, so don't be quick to get pregnant thinking it will maintain a relationship.

But also make friends with other single girls, because your current friends aren't that relatable anymore.

Your so right.
I always speak to the guys for ages first before meeting up, I never approach always wait for them to do it.
We had sex but only because it was a moment sort of thing.
He didn't change much after it, in fact it was me who pulled away and he got annoyed at that.

about the confidence thing, I live with someone who isn't very nice to me so I'm currently trying to move out in order to save my mental health.
My life is very boring, I hate clubbing.
Love keeping fit, sports and even racing.
Hardly anyone I know likes that stuff so I can never go to these events.

Thank you it's very much appreciated :smile:
Im 16 and single so lets make it happen xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending