The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hi there,

I am contacting you regarding my Maintenance Loan. I am currently a second year student at Coventry University, and last year I have received just over £6,000 for my maintenance loan however, this year my maintenance loan has gone down by £3,000 (for full academic year).

I do not understand why this has happened as I do not live with my parents, and their income is between £30,000 and £35,000.

Could you please explain this to me?

Thank you.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Original post by andzelika96
Hi there,

I am contacting you regarding my Maintenance Loan. I am currently a second year student at Coventry University, and last year I have received just over £6,000 for my maintenance loan however, this year my maintenance loan has gone down by £3,000 (for full academic year).

I do not understand why this has happened as I do not live with my parents, and their income is between £30,000 and £35,000.

Could you please explain this to me?

Thank you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi andzelika96,

The most common reasons for a drop that that large are a) household income increased and b) household income not provided or not assessed

Did your parents support your application for 1st year? And if so do you know if your parents details have been submitted yet for the 2nd year application?

Thanks,

Stuart
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi andzelika96,

The most common reasons for a drop that that large are a) household income increased and b) household income not provided or not assessed

Did your parents support your application for 1st year? And if so do you know if your parents details have been submitted yet for the 2nd year application?

Thanks,

Stuart

Yes, my parents have submitted their details for my 2nd year.
The household income has only changed from £30,000 to about £35,000.
Original post by andzelika96
Yes, my parents have submitted their details for my 2nd year.
The household income has only changed from £30,000 to about £35,000.

Hi andzelika96,

If you have Facebook or Twitter I'd advise getting in touch with one of my colleagues there. We don't have account access here but they can go through security with you and access your account to check on the specifics of your application.

Or you can give us a call on 0300 100 0607.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 4
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi andzelika96,

If you have Facebook or Twitter I'd advise getting in touch with one of my colleagues there. We don't have account access here but they can go through security with you and access your account to check on the specifics of your application.

Or you can give us a call on 0300 100 0607.

Regards,

Stuart

Okey, Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending