The Student Room Group

I give up

I give up, she won't ever quit being in my head, no matter what I try she just won't. I can't end the mental mess she causes me. I sit in class wondering if I should just quit the pain if u get what I mean. I can't escape her cloud. What the **** can I even do anymore. I can't even be bothered to go on anonymous because I have no pride or self respect anymore. She wasn't a love she's an obsession that I can't quit.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol
Hang on. What’s the background here? Who is she? Is she an ex? An unrequited love? A friend? What happened between the two of you to end things and leave you feeling like this?

I ask because I can assure you beyond all assurances that this will pass. 90% of the population has felt broken by someone before and struggle to move past it but it happens for everyone in time
Original post by LouiseG90
Hang on. What’s the background here? Who is she? Is she an ex? An unrequited love? A friend? What happened between the two of you to end things and leave you feeling like this?

I ask because I can assure you beyond all assurances that this will pass. 90% of the population has felt broken by someone before and struggle to move past it but it happens for everyone in time

It's unrequited love. I know she doesn't like me, she even said nothing would ever happen between us. She thinks I'm a creep for understandable reasons (although I'm definitely not). However I can't get her out of my head no matter how hard I try. Every night sh is in my mind. I can't escape her. It's been like this the last 7 months.
Reply 4
Original post by Ryanthom100
It's unrequited love. I know she doesn't like me, she even said nothing would ever happen between us. She thinks I'm a creep for understandable reasons (although I'm definitely not). However I can't get her out of my head no matter how hard I try. Every night sh is in my mind. I can't escape her. It's been like this the last 7 months.

Stop talking to her, cut all contact and find ways to entertain yourself. It's a cliche but time is the best healer.
Original post by UWS
Stop talking to her, cut all contact and find ways to entertain yourself. It's a cliche but time is the best healer.

i have already cut all contact. I have ways to entertain myself. I just can't deal with it anymore.
Reply 6
i have already cut all contact. I have ways to entertain myself. I just can't deal with it anymore.

Deal with what? Rejections will hurt but those feelings will fade away eventually.
Unrequited love is a painful thing and happens to everyone. Trust me. How old are you? I wish I could offer a quick fix trick or something to make it go away overnight but these things take time. But it does get better.

I’ve dealt with it myself. I was in love with someone but it would never worked for numerous reasons, but it doesn’t make it any easier knowing that it isn’t going to happen. And it took me a very long time to move on. I tried to date but they never compared and it always made me feel worse or even guilty for trying to move on. But over time, it did get better. You naturally learn to move on. Our brains are wired to get over things but some take longer than others. People deal with losing husbands and wives or children because it’s something we have to deal with. If you’re really struggling, maybe a counsellor would help? Just to help you relearn coping mechanisms and to disassociate her with love or happiness because she isn’t causing you to feel anything besides sadness.
You’re obsessed with the fantasy of being with her. If she never liked you, why are you letting her mess with your mind so much. Find someone who does appreciate you.
Unrequited love is a painful thing and happens to everyone. Trust me. How old are you? I wish I could offer a quick fix trick or something to make it go away overnight but these things take time. But it does get better.

I’ve dealt with it myself. I was in love with someone but it would never worked for numerous reasons, but it doesn’t make it any easier knowing that it isn’t going to happen. And it took me a very long time to move on. I tried to date but they never compared and it always made me feel worse or even guilty for trying to move on. But over time, it did get better. You naturally learn to move on. Our brains are wired to get over things but some take longer than others. People deal with losing husbands and wives or children because it’s something we have to deal with. If you’re really struggling, maybe a counsellor would help? Just to help you relearn coping mechanisms and to disassociate her with love or happiness because she isn’t causing you to feel anything besides sadness.

I'm 17. Yeah I mean I could go to student support in my college. But, a part of me is stopping me. I know that but its so hard to make my mind understand that 😓. She is also stopping me from approaching other girls as I don't want this to happen again
I'm 17. Yeah I mean I could go to student support in my college. But, a part of me is stopping me. I know that but its so hard to make my mind understand that 😓. She is also stopping me from approaching other girls as I don't want this to happen again

Not all relationships will end the same way. And you’re still young. I’ve got 10 years on you and a lot of good and bad experiences. But you will learn ways to deal with things and student support will help.

The things you’re saying from your initial post are concerning and if you’re genuinely feeling like that, you need to seek help. Being told to move on or suck it up isn’t going to help.

I do agree with the post about letting her mess with your mind. You are in more control of your mind than you think but you’ve left these emotions dictate your life which is why I think speaking to someone to teach you to reestablish your self worth is beneficial. She isn’t worth what is being done to you. No one is. And no one should be granted as much power to make you feel as unhappy as you are. Someone will appreciate you for who you are and you won’t be made to feel so unhappy.
I give up, she won't ever quit being in my head, no matter what I try she just won't. I can't end the mental mess she causes me. I sit in class wondering if I should just quit the pain if u get what I mean. I can't escape her cloud. What the **** can I even do anymore. I can't even be bothered to go on anonymous because I have no pride or self respect anymore. She wasn't a love she's an obsession that I can't quit. But I don't want to live with this obsession forever, but I feel I have no choice.

i am sorry you feel like that... unrequited love sucks...i think maybe you should go to student support.... or talk to a good friend...
Reply 12
I give up, she won't ever quit being in my head, no matter what I try she just won't. I can't end the mental mess she causes me. I sit in class wondering if I should just quit the pain if u get what I mean. I can't escape her cloud. What the **** can I even do anymore. I can't even be bothered to go on anonymous because I have no pride or self respect anymore. She wasn't a love she's an obsession that I can't quit. But I don't want to live with this obsession forever, but I feel I have no choice.

Start ****ing someone else, works 100% of the time. And she's right, it is creepy when people obsess over you like that.

Are u a twin?
and what r u studying in college?
Not all relationships will end the same way. And you’re still young. I’ve got 10 years on you and a lot of good and bad experiences. But you will learn ways to deal with things and student support will help.

The things you’re saying from your initial post are concerning and if you’re genuinely feeling like that, you need to seek help. Being told to move on or suck it up isn’t going to help.

I do agree with the post about letting her mess with your mind. You are in more control of your mind than you think but you’ve left these emotions dictate your life which is why I think speaking to someone to teach you to reestablish your self worth is beneficial. She isn’t worth what is being done to you. No one is. And no one should be granted as much power to make you feel as unhappy as you are. Someone will appreciate you for who you are and you won’t be made to feel so unhappy.

Hmm ok, I guess so, I just don't know why I like her so much, most other girls I talk to I wouldn't really care if they didn't like me back. I guess I will need to get help then if that's the case.Thankyou for your advice I really appreciate it.
Original post by aspire.1a
Are u a twin?
and what r u studying in college?

naah I'm not, I study games/software development
naah I'm not, I study games/software development

u planning on going to uni?
It hurts when you want someone who doesn't want you back, but there is nothing you can do to change the situation. You need to leave her alone and make some distance between the two of you. Your feelings are stopping you from living a happy and healthy life. I wouldn't necessarily throw yourself into another relationship so quickly, but try to find your own identity without her - who are you and what are your interests? What are you good at and what makes you happy? Try and find the answers to these questions and move on.
Original post by aspire.1a
u planning on going to uni?

yeah can't wait, mainly because I won't ever have to see her again
Original post by cheesecakelove
It hurts when you want someone who doesn't want you back, but there is nothing you can do to change the situation. You need to leave her alone and make some distance between the two of you. Your feelings are stopping you from living a happy and healthy life. I wouldn't necessarily throw yourself into another relationship so quickly, but try to find your own identity without her - who are you and what are your interests? What are you good at and what makes you happy? Try and find the answers to these questions and move on.

Okay thanks for the advice. I have tried this multiple times but I just lead back to thinking about her unfortunately. My motivation is very short term

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending