The Student Room Group

Can't decide which uni to firm :/

I've got an offer for biological sciences at Lancaster (A, A, Distinction) and an offer for human biology at Edge Hill (120 ucas points) but I can't decide which to firm!

I've visited both and much preferred Edge Hill's campus (could really see myself living there) but when I went on Unistats, the course didn't have nearly as high a rating as Lancaster's.

What would you do? :smile:
Dont worry about rankings too much, you're the one who'll have to live there so it's really where you can see yourself preferring and where you would rather be. Look up student satisfaction and students who go there already's experience if the two, that's much better than rankings. Though the most important part is the course, so is there any part of either's course and modules you prefer over the other?
Reply 2
Have you got all of your decisions back from universities? If not I’d definitely wait, but if you do and these are the two you’re deciding between then great. Normally I’m not an advocate for choosing between universities based prestige but I would personally choose Lancaster as they are definitely a more reputable university, even if I preferred the campus at Edge Hill. Just in terms of the fact that the quality of teaching may be better, facilities, industry links for when you’re thinking about jobs and work experience placements throughout your study.

However regarding your decision, I would trust your gut. Speak to teachers and parents and mull it over for a little while longer, you have a while to decide yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending