The Student Room Group

Timetables at uni

When do you get your timetable for lectures and stuff at uni? How much in advance? I’m going to be applying to uni next year and I’m just curious, because I would like to find a part time job when I go, but I would need to know when I’m free for that:smile:
It depends on the uni. Cambridge tends to just publish the times online and they don't vary much year on year, whereas other unis tend to re-timetable every year and it can vary a lot. Usually you'll get your timetable during your induction in fresher's week - although often you may need to go back and forth with the admin team to get everything showing up and so on, or even to get it working at all.

Assume you won't have any time outside of weekends - realistically you should be spending approx 40 a week on your studies, between lectures and independent study, anyway.
It depends on the course. Some have as little as 9 hours of lectures a week, others may have 40 hours of lectures, tutorials and practicals combined (a week)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anna1029
When do you get your timetable for lectures and stuff at uni? How much in advance? I’m going to be applying to uni next year and I’m just curious, because I would like to find a part time job when I go, but I would need to know when I’m free for that:smile:

you get your freshers week time table in your welcome pack your time table should be on your course notice board and or my course of what ever your uni uses so you'll get it when you get there of just do bar work at night then you won't miss any uni work.
Reply 4
Thanks for your replies xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending