The Student Room Group

Swansea University Midwifery

Hey, Has anyone applied/heard back from Swansea Uni. I had an interview invitation today!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, congratulations. I've received an interview invitation for Swansea in February. Have you applied to any other uni?
Original post by Nicola.c.d89
Hi, congratulations. I've received an interview invitation for Swansea in February. Have you applied to any other uni?

When in Feb?

And yes Cardiff, South Wales, Bangor and UWE
you??
Original post by Nicola.c.d89
... have you heard from any of the others?

No only Swansea so far
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes me too, when is your interview?
Original post by Sophielouise997
Hey, Has anyone applied/heard back from Swansea Uni. I had an interview invitation today!

Congrats!! I've got an interview at the end of the month. Also just heard from Cardiff uni that I've got an interview in February.:biggrin:
Original post by Sophielouise997

Hi there. I had my interview for Midwifery at Swansea Uni today. I've applied for Swansea, Cardiff, UWE Bristol and USW all together. Good luck xx
Reply 7
Yes, I recieved an unconditional but still waiting for a response for 2 courses in Essex although Swansea is my Firm choice.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi,

I have an interview at Swansea next week. Im really nervous for the numeracy and literacy tests... any tips? :smile:
Reply 9
Hi @Ppenkova was your unconditional offer from Swansea?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ppenkova
Yes, I recieved an unconditional but still waiting for a responce for 2 courses in Essex although Swansea is my Firm choice.

was this for Swansea as when i went for interview in January they said they wouldn't be making any decisions until March?
I had an interview last week and we were also told decisions wouldn't be made until march mid/march :smile:
Original post by cmorgan95
was this for Swansea as when i went for interview in January they said they wouldn't be making any decisions until March?
It’s driving me crazy waiting 😂 it’s been a month since my interview!
I feel for you haha! Its driving me mad and its only been 1 week!

Original post by cmorgan95
It’s driving me crazy waiting 😂 it’s been a month since my interview!
And we still have ages to go!
Yes, it was from Swansea. I'm an EU student so I didn't go through an interview. Good luck!
Hi! Have any of you guys had an offer yet?
Original post by samanthazoej
Hi! Have any of you guys had an offer yet?

I had an email yesterday to say I was unsuccessul after the interview which I am so so so
disappointed about. If anyone has had any offers, please would you let me know what sort of things you did to prepare for the interviews, and what sort of experience you did. I'm not sure if its maybe worth me doing the access course to apply again next year . Thanks in advance for any help
Original post by Jones8765
I had an email yesterday to say I was unsuccessul after the interview which I am so so so
disappointed about. If anyone has had any offers, please would you let me know what sort of things you did to prepare for the interviews, and what sort of experience you did. I'm not sure if its maybe worth me doing the access course to apply again next year . Thanks in advance for any help

I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get an offer :frown: Definitely try again though and i'm sure you will get a place somewhere!! When was your interview? And are you waiting to hear back from anymore unis?
I got an offer from Swansea (I feel really really lucky because I felt really unsure about how well I did in the interview after it happened). One thing I noticed that was different about myself to other applicants was that I was dressed really smartly (pencil skirt, blazer and blouse) and I think I did really well on my presentation. Not too much info on the slides but a lot to talk about during the presentation itself. I also prepared myself for possible questions that would come after the presentation. I think knowing a lot and being passionate about your presentation is important. You couldn't really prepare for the other two though I think. Both of them I think you just have to be confident and pretend you know what you're doing !! Fake it til you make it. For the group activity I think it's important to show some leadership as well as include the others to show you work well in a team.

I hope this helps and good luck to you in the future !! x

EDIT: I forgot to mention I didn't do an access course but I did Biology, sociology and French at A level recently. For experience I worked with a group of community midwives in their office (it was when I lived in Canada, not sure how easy it would be able to do here in the UK) and I basically made info packets for new mums, sat in and helped a bit with a prenatal class and did some filing.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by samanthazoej
I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get an offer :frown: Definitely try again though and i'm sure you will get a place somewhere!! When was your interview? And are you waiting to hear back from anymore unis?
I got an offer from Swansea (I feel really really lucky because I felt really unsure about how well I did in the interview after it happened). One thing I noticed that was different about myself to other applicants was that I was dressed really smartly (pencil skirt, blazer and blouse) and I think I did really well on my presentation. Not too much info on the slides but a lot to talk about during the presentation itself. I also prepared myself for possible questions that would come after the presentation. I think knowing a lot and being passionate about your presentation is important. You couldn't really prepare for the other two though I think. Both of them I think you just have to be confident and pretend you know what you're doing !! Fake it til you make it. For the group activity I think it's important to show some leadership as well as include the others to show you work well in a team.

I hope this helps and good luck to you in the future !! x

EDIT: I forgot to mention I didn't do an access course but I did Biology, sociology and French at A level recently. For experience I worked with a group of community midwives in their office (it was when I lived in Canada, not sure how easy it would be able to do here in the UK) and I basically made info packets for new mums, sat in and helped a bit with a prenatal class and did some filing.

Thank you so much for your advice ! That sounds amazing, I'm glad you managed to get a place on the course ! you must be so happy ! Best of luck with it ! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending