The Student Room Group

A Level on UCAS

I got a U in Biology in 2016 but the overall grade was not shown. I resat this and in 2017 I achieved a C in Biology, but the overall grade was not shown, how do I enter this on UCAS as I put down the U and C which may have been a mistake
Original post by bigcook
I got a U in Biology in 2016 but the overall grade was not shown. I resat this and in 2017 I achieved a C in Biology, but the overall grade was not shown, how do I enter this on UCAS as I put down the U and C which may have been a mistake

Did you put the U for the appropriate modules then enter the modules again and put a C?
Original post by claireestelle
Did you put the U for the appropriate modules then enter the modules again and put a C?

I put down the overall grades without any modules
Original post by bigcook
I put down the overall grades without any modules

So a U then a C?
So a U then a C?

Sort of like this
GCE Advanced Level
Biology C 06/2017 AQA
Biology U 06/2016 AQA

(The overall grade wasn't shown on my results sheet though)
Original post by bigcook
Sort of like this
GCE Advanced Level
Biology C 06/2017 AQA
Biology U 06/2016 AQA

(The overall grade wasn't shown on my results sheet though)

Yes do that
Yes do that

Would there be any issues as I believe these grades were not certificated/cashed in?
Original post by bigcook
Would there be any issues as I believe these grades were not certificated/cashed in?

I believe it wouldn't be certificated any way as a U gives you no qualification technically
I believe it wouldn't be certificated any way as a U gives you no qualification technically

What about the C I obtained from resitting?
You should have got a certificate for that.

Original post by bigcook
What about the C I obtained from resitting?
You should have got a certificate for that.
I never recieved a certificate for the C in Biology as it was not cashed in and an overall grade was not shown on my results sheet
Original post by bigcook
I never recieved a certificate for the C in Biology as it was not cashed in and an overall grade was not shown on my results sheet

They should have cashed it in
Original post by bigcook

If there was no overall grade then neither were certified or cashed in and you MUST NOT list those results on your application. You don’t hold those qualifications unless they’re cashed in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending