The Student Room Group

Feeling down as I've never had a boyfriend.

I'm 17 and never had a boyfriend - I know that's still young and it's not uncommon but I still feel really down about it. I just feel like no one would ever want to date me. I've had loads of crushes but as far as I know, no one has ever felt the same towards me.

I'd say I'm average in attractiveness but I'm really shy so much that I guess I can seem quite cold at times, especially towards boys - I just get really nervous.

I guess I'm posting this because I just want to know if anyone can relate? (And I realise how pitiful I sound, would just like to have a conversation with anyone who feels similar.)
Try being 22 and never had a boyfriend, literally that's not that bad
Reply 2
No guy is gonna risk putting themselves out there is you're so shy you cant interact. Do you have male friends?
OMG Girl I can sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo relate with you. 17 years old never kissed a boy let alone had a boyfriend. I have had sooo much crushes as well but nothing came out of them. It does get me down a lot coz relationships are just being promoted everywhere these days and I just want that special something. I totally feel you girl!!! I know I'm pretty but I don't know why guys don't see that. But then again, I'm taller than average 5ft 10in, I'm black and I have a buzz cut which I thnk makes me look even hotttteeeer and I always wear jeans and massive jumpers and a massive coat to college coz I'm too cold to give a damn!!!!
nah cant relate because i dont want one
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 and never had a boyfriend - I know that's still young and it's not uncommon but I still feel really down about it. I just feel like no one would ever want to date me. I've had loads of crushes but as far as I know, no one has ever felt the same towards me.

I'd say I'm average in attractiveness but I'm really shy so much that I guess I can seem quite cold at times, especially towards boys - I just get really nervous.

I guess I'm posting this because I just want to know if anyone can relate? (And I realise how pitiful I sound, would just like to have a conversation with anyone who feels similar.)

Also when it comes to talking to guys I like, I don't. I just cant and it really frustrates me. Like recently, I fancied this guy, well I still do but I have to try to stop because I know he doesn't fancy me back and all my friends are like how do you know?? You have to go up and talk to him which I cannot do and guess what, the guy is younger than me as well:mad::mad::mad:. I have plenty guy friends and that grand, I'm shy when it comes to meeting new people so you are not the only one girl, so don't you worry your pretty little heart!!!:h::h:
I am 18 and have never had a proper girlfriend. At the moment I don't feel sad or anything. It is best to find one later on in life when you are ready to settle and stuff.
Reply 7
Original post by Reue
No guy is gonna risk putting themselves out there is you're so shy you cant interact. Do you have male friends?

I do have a few male friends, but they don't live in my town so I don't see them very often. We talk almost everyday though.

I wouldn't say I can't interact, just that when I do I can come across as cold or uninterested but that's only to strangers. I'm the sort of person that when you get to know me, I never shut up.
Reply 8
Try being 22 and never had a boyfriend, literally that's not that bad

I know 17 isn't that bad, a few of my close friends haven't had boyfriends yet either. But when you're surrounded by couples almost everyday at school, it can get disheartening.
Reply 9
Original post by Loluwa-Temi

Thanks, that actually cheered me up a bit haha - glad to know I'm not the only one frustrated by this.
Thanks, that actually cheered me up a bit haha - glad to know I'm not the only one frustrated by this.

No problem, anyways, I'm going uni this year so there will be plenty more fish in the sea to admire from afar and go out with in my head:biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending