The Student Room Group

BA Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity vs. BSC Sport and Exercise Science

I have received offers for both of these course. One is from Durham (Subject to Interview etc) and the other is from Canterbury Christchurch University (Unconditional).

I am unsure of the difference between a BA Sport Degree and a BSC Sport Degree? I know what they stand for but I do wonder why a sport degree would be a Bachelor of Arts? Can someone explain to me please, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

*Also*: If you were in my situation, what would you do?
Original post by Irish997
I have received offers for both of these course. One is from Durham (Subject to Interview etc) and the other is from Canterbury Christchurch University (Unconditional).

I am unsure of the difference between a BA Sport Degree and a BSC Sport Degree? I know what they stand for but I do wonder why a sport degree would be a Bachelor of Arts? Can someone explain to me please, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

There may be differences in what is taught and how so have a good look at the courses. Maybe ask at interview as well. Choose the more interesting course.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
There may be differences in what is taught and how so have a good look at the courses. Maybe ask at interview as well. Choose the more interesting course.

I believe the course at Durham has more flexibility. You basically pick your own modules in years 2 and 3. You can choose to go down a more sociology/sport route or a science/sport route, or a mixture of both.
Reply 3

I've applied to the Durham course along either other BSc courses at other unis. There isn't a lot of difference other than its not over 50% pure science so it can't a BSc (other places do Biomechanics modules so they have slighty more compulsory science). All courses you can choose modules so it can be as pure (human biology and anatomy and phys) or as applied (sports psycology, sport and society) as you want.
Reply 4
Original post by chazpayn
I've applied to the Durham course along either other BSc courses at other unis. There isn't a lot of difference other than its not over 50% pure science so it can't a BSc (other places do Biomechanics modules so they have slighty more compulsory science). All courses you can choose modules so it can be as pure (human biology and anatomy and phys) or as applied (sports psycology, sport and society) as you want.

Thanks for the reply mate. Do you think Uni rankings matter for sport and exercise related topics when it comes to getting jobs etc after? I love Canterbury and the whole city and area, but Durham is very prestige....it’s a hard call!
Reply 5
Thanks for the reply mate. Do you think Uni rankings matter for sport and exercise related topics when it comes to getting jobs etc after? I love Canterbury and the whole city and area, but Durham is very prestige....it’s a hard call!

Honeatly go with where you like and what uni and course is right for you. Best to stay near the top end of the league tables but the actual places change and dont mean they are the best for you.

Loughborough is number 1 in the world atm and so well know for sport, but I like Durham better so will probably go there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending