The Student Room Group

Refund Tuition Fees

Hi There,

A friend of mine attended University in the year 2009/2010 and paid £3300 for the academic year. However he was unaware that the university was actually offering the course for free at the time. Despite this they did not inform him and he unknowingly paid the tuition fee by taking out a student loan. Is there anyway he can be refunded the money or claim it back from the university? As clearly, this was a major incompetency on their part.

Thank You.
Original post by Bo55y
Hi There,

A friend of mine attended University in the year 2009/2010 and paid £3300 for the academic year. However he was unaware that the university was actually offering the course for free at the time. Despite this they did not inform him and he unknowingly paid the tuition fee by taking out a student loan. Is there anyway he can be refunded the money or claim it back from the university? As clearly, this was a major incompetency on their part.

Thank You.

Hi Bo55y,

I'm sorry to hear about that, that must be very frustrating.

Unfortunately, if a student loan was taken out to pay the tuition fees, there will be a balance for the amount unless the University were to reverse them.

It may be wortwhile looking here and posting on the forum for the relevant university, you may get more answers there.

Best of luck tough.

Kind regards,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending