The Student Room Group

Pros and cons of medicine with a foundation year?

I mean the undergraduate access course with a foundation year at the beginning
(edited 6 years ago)
Probably have to clarify more what you mean, as all UK trained medics have to do 2 foundation years and graduates from abroad who have full registration still have to complete the second foundation year unless they've worked in their own country to a higher level before. So effectively all medics do a foundation year. Unless you mean medicine the undergraduate course with an undergraduate foundation year for those who've not got the right A Levels/equivalent. I hope you see the confusion.
Original post by seaholme
Probably have to clarify more what you mean, as all UK trained medics have to do 2 foundation years and graduates from abroad who have full registration still have to complete the second foundation year unless they've worked in their own country to a higher level before. So effectively all medics do a foundation year. Unless you mean medicine the undergraduate course with an undergraduate foundation year for those who've not got the right A Levels/equivalent. I hope you see the confusion.

Meant the undergraduate medicine with a foundation year at the beginning - sorry for the vagueness!
Reply 3
From the little reading I did into these courses, they seem to be aimed at those who are more disadvantaged and generally aren't open to students who fulfill the 5 year criteria (unless they didn't receive their predicted A Levels). Though I am not sure this is true of every foundation/6yr course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending