Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing my application, I used an old planner from my GCSE time as it was the first thing I found. My teachers had all told us to write down the dates of the exams in our planners when they found out and told us, but I never really used that as shortly afterwards we got a proper timetable.

Fast forward to now, I've received offers from all of the universities I applied to as of this morning and have just by chance stumbled across my GCSE certificates. Looking at them, I'm worried I may have put more down as June than were actually taken in June. I remember the majority being put as June on the application, but I'm worried now there may have been a few in either May or July which I put down as June. I'm hunting for my planner now to find out if any of the dates in it were in fact wrong, but I'm freaking out. Will universities care about this, would they withdraw the offer because of this? If it turns out a few are wrong, should I contact UCAS and try to get it fixed, or leave it? I don't want my offers taken away because I may have sat English in May and not June!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nobody is going to care about this, nor are they going to look into it. Universities do not have time to check every single student and make sure that they did in fact sit an exam in June that they said they say in June. They will not reprimand you for a minor mistake and university staff are intelligent enough to know that May through July is an exam period. They will not withdraw your offers just because you sat an exam in a slightly different month than you thought. It's also of absolutely no interest to them, I can't think of a single reason why they'd care that you sat an exam in May, or June, or July.

As you say this is a minor error and not worth the panic.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by GentleGalaxy)
    When I was doing my application, I used an old planner from my GCSE time as it was the first thing I found. My teachers had all told us to write down the dates of the exams in our planners when they found out and told us, but I never really used that as shortly afterwards we got a proper timetable.

Fast forward to now, I've received offers from all of the universities I applied to as of this morning and have just by chance stumbled across my GCSE certificates. Looking at them, I'm worried I may have put more down as June than were actually taken in June. I remember the majority being put as June on the application, but I'm worried now there may have been a few in either May or July which I put down as June. I'm hunting for my planner now to find out if any of the dates in it were in fact wrong, but I'm freaking out. Will universities care about this, would they withdraw the offer because of this? If it turns out a few are wrong, should I contact UCAS and try to get it fixed, or leave it? I don't want my offers taken away because I may have sat English in May and not June!
    Your offers and not going to get taken away over this. If you contact [email protected] they can rectify it for you.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by GentleGalaxy)

Immaterial. they know you sat it in the Summer of that year. Ni further information needed besides grade. As the others have said dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    I put all my GCSE exams as having been taken in June and my BTEC Travel and Tourism exam as having been taken in July, because that's the month that showed up alongside my exam results on the exams page of my school's VLE; I don't even remember the proportion of exams I took in May compared to June, and even if I took my BTEC exam in July or not (I think it was June!). I don't think it matters at all.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly they don't care at all, my friend had the same problem and nothing came about it, as long as the grades are correct it's absolutely fine don't worry!!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.