The Student Room Group

May have made a minor mistake on my UCAS application. Panic?

When I was doing my application, I used an old planner from my GCSE time as it was the first thing I found. My teachers had all told us to write down the dates of the exams in our planners when they found out and told us, but I never really used that as shortly afterwards we got a proper timetable.

Fast forward to now, I've received offers from all of the universities I applied to as of this morning and have just by chance stumbled across my GCSE certificates. Looking at them, I'm worried I may have put more down as June than were actually taken in June. I remember the majority being put as June on the application, but I'm worried now there may have been a few in either May or July which I put down as June. I'm hunting for my planner now to find out if any of the dates in it were in fact wrong, but I'm freaking out. Will universities care about this, would they withdraw the offer because of this? If it turns out a few are wrong, should I contact UCAS and try to get it fixed, or leave it? I don't want my offers taken away because I may have sat English in May and not June!
Original post by GentleGalaxy
When I was doing my application, I used an old planner from my GCSE time as it was the first thing I found. My teachers had all told us to write down the dates of the exams in our planners when they found out and told us, but I never really used that as shortly afterwards we got a proper timetable.

Fast forward to now, I've received offers from all of the universities I applied to as of this morning and have just by chance stumbled across my GCSE certificates. Looking at them, I'm worried I may have put more down as June than were actually taken in June. I remember the majority being put as June on the application, but I'm worried now there may have been a few in either May or July which I put down as June. I'm hunting for my planner now to find out if any of the dates in it were in fact wrong, but I'm freaking out. Will universities care about this, would they withdraw the offer because of this? If it turns out a few are wrong, should I contact UCAS and try to get it fixed, or leave it? I don't want my offers taken away because I may have sat English in May and not June!

Your offers and not going to get taken away over this. If you contact [email protected] they can rectify it for you.
Original post by GentleGalaxy

Immaterial. they know you sat it in the Summer of that year. Ni further information needed besides grade. As the others have said dont worry.
I put all my GCSE exams as having been taken in June and my BTEC Travel and Tourism exam as having been taken in July, because that's the month that showed up alongside my exam results on the exams page of my school's VLE; I don't even remember the proportion of exams I took in May compared to June, and even if I took my BTEC exam in July or not (I think it was June!). I don't think it matters at all.
Honestly they don't care at all, my friend had the same problem and nothing came about it, as long as the grades are correct it's absolutely fine don't worry!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending