Turn on thread page Beta

"I will only start my first relationship with a guy when I'm 90% sure that it will le watch

ad to marriage or a future with him" Is it right for me to say this or am I being a crazy and unrealistic person?

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty standard, always see people on twitter saying "dont talk to me if you aint trying to marry"

Tbh, i really dont see why else you'd have a relationship.

unrealistic. you can't always be so certain so early. sometimes it takes a while to realise they're the one. means you're also putting too much pressure on relationships and not enjoying them and the experience they provide. it's good to take the risk sometimes, and even if you break up so what. you've at least learnt what you want and don't want in your next relationship and you know what to work on yourself. i'm glad i've already had a couple of relationships. just because they didn't work out doesn't mean they were a waste of time, they helped me grow a lot and i know what i need in my next relationship.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ad to marriage or a future with him" Is it right for me to say this or am I being a crazy and unrealistic person?
    Do you mean sexual or any relationship?
    Is this an arranged marriage scenario?

Otherwise it sounds naive, but your choice.

To know whether its worth marriage then having a relationship and getting to know someone is a good way of finding out about whether you are compatible. You seem to think you can decide that without the interaction. Sounds like a potential recipe for divorce or an unhappy marriage.

does kind of depend on how old you are though. if you're still young i wouldn't get too bogged down worrying about having a serious relationship. enjoy your youth and freedom and if any really nice boys come your way, be open minded and give them a chance. see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    does kind of depend on how old you are though. if you're still young i wouldn't get too bogged down worrying about having a serious relationship. enjoy your youth and freedom and if any really nice boys come your way, be open minded and give them a chance. see what happens.
    This! Also,don't put all your eggs in on each basket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    This! Also,don't put all your eggs in on each basket
    And keep them unfertilised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
    And keep them unfertilised.
    I was meant to say,don't keep them in one basket,rather haven multiple men and take it from there and definitely keep there unfertilised lol

ReputationRep:
    Why 90%, why not 99.9%, or even 80%?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.