Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on which would open more career opportunities, assuming that one of these would be better than the other...

Would the fact one is a Bsc (Warwick) and one is a Ba (Durham) make any difference to employers if you got the same degree class from both?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    BSc? Thats cooler, and makes you sound like a scientist. I hear Warwick is far more superior for Economics.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't know much about the student life at Warwick though. From what I have heard there are a lot of international students - not that that's a bad thing in general but if they are antisocial then yes it is a bad thing! For me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The BSc/Ba will make not difference for employers. Warwick is highly regarded for Econ and maths but thats about it. Durham is seen as a more versatile university.
    I would say that Warwick will generally be better as they are top in the country for Econ, targeted by most IBs, Consultancy firms, Big 4, and many students are going at Oxbridge for postgrad.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is better. Econ being one of their most respected degrees. Someone on the caliber of econ at warwick really would be wasted doing ba econ at durham. Warwick is also a target uni, durham being a mark below

ReputationRep:
    btw does anyone know which unis are considered 'target' and which are 'semi-target'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildason98)
    btw does anyone know which unis are considered 'target' and which are 'semi-target'?
    if you are referring to IB, check the IB forum there is the list. I would say Warwick is a target and durham is a semi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildason98)
    target are: oxbridge, lse, ucl, imperial and warwick

semis are places like bristol, durham, exeter etc

ReputationRep:
    I chose durham over Warwick, think Warwick is better for IB and stuff BUT its a hell hole campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedA)
    I chose durham over Warwick, think Warwick is better for IB and stuff BUT its a hell hole campus
    What is wrong with the Campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProRoadman)
    What is wrong with the Campus?
    from what I remember on visiting it just has the feeling of being very isolated, you're not actually n Warwick (closer to leamington spa or something) and personally just didn't suit me at all, and I know manganese's people who have had the same opinion as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedA)
    from what I remember on visiting it just has the feeling of being very isolated, you're not actually n Warwick (closer to leamington spa or something) and personally just didn't suit me at all, and I know manganese's people who have had the same opinion as me
    Oh, that's fine. Hope you enjoy Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProRoadman)
    Oh, that's fine. Hope you enjoy Durham.
    I am enjoying it hahah

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I chose Durham too. I felt like the difference slight edge of Warwick Econ over Durham Econ isn't large enough to justify going there as I hugely preferred Durham as a uni... But we'll see how I like it there!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.