The Student Room Group

Still waiting for a job offer, not sure if I've been rejected

Last week, I went to the final round of the interview process at a well respected company for a challenging role.

I believe I satisfied them and showed them my strengths and weaknesses and at the end of the interview, I was shown the office I would be working in.

Within a few hours after the interview, HR got back to me and said the following "You have done well! I am waiting for everyone’s feedback and your offer should be on the way…"

I didn't respond to the email for about a week as I felt that they would get back to me with the outcome, as they stated in the email. However, I have noticed they re advertised the same job the next working day and I am still waiting to hear from them. I contacted them via email but no response. Is a week usually a good waiting time? A part of me, didn't want the job as I felt it was too hard for me
Call them and ask.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Call them and ask.

Yeah I will do that. It's been just over a week, so if anything I think it's a reasonable timeframe
Original post by newmanlife
Yeah I will do that. It's been just over a week, so if anything I think it's a reasonable timeframe

I think so too.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
I think so too.

Yeah I'm going to call them up tomorrow.
I've learnt to take all 'feedback' with a grain of salt until I receive a contract. Not long ago a HR person called me quite early the morning after an interview saying the interview was really positive saying i had great skills for the role and even asked me to look up the new office they were relocating too. Then tells me he will get back to me the next day with an answer - i get the call it was to say I was unsuccessful.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by chosenone93
I've learnt to take all 'feedback' with a grain of salt until I receive a contract. Not long ago a HR person called me quite early the morning after an interview saying the interview was really positive saying i had great skills for the role and even asked me to look up the new office they were relocating too. Then tells me he will get back to me the next day with an answer - i get the call it was to say I was unsuccessful.

Yeah exactly that mate! I've learnt the same in my own experience too, until you get the contract it doesn't mean $hit. You got to keep applying until the end.
The fact that they readvertised the same position doesn't seem like a good sign, but there could another explanation. I would call and speak to them directly, thanking them for the interview and wanting to check on the progress of your application.
Reply 8
Original post by cheesecakelove
The fact that they readvertised the same position doesn't seem like a good sign, but there could another explanation. I would call and speak to them directly, thanking them for the interview and wanting to check on the progress of your application.

In my opinion, when someone decides to readvertise a job or starts having second thoughts on me - I automatically walk away. I don't care if they offer me the job after because it's like I'm scraps or second best. When you select someone, you mean it and don't beat around the bush - but that's life I guess. Gotta keep at the grind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending