The Student Room Group

Part time job during GCSEs? (Who’s done it?)

So literally the PERFECT part time job has opened up five mins away from me. I don’t know the hours yet, but should I go for it? Bearing in mind my GCSEs are coming up! I’m on the track for all A*s/8s/9s so I really am going to be doing lots of revision and working hard.

How easy is it to work and revise, and get time off for exams, etc? If you’ve had experience, please share!!! Did you have a social life?

Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by ellenfasham
So literally the PERFECT part time job has opened up five mins away from me. I don’t know the hours yet, but should I go for it? Bearing in mind my GCSEs are coming up! I’m on the track for all A*s/8s/9s so I really am going to be doing lots of revision and working hard.

How easy is it to work and revise, and get time off for exams, etc? If you’ve had experience, please share!!! Did you have a social life?

Thanks!!

Well it depends on how many hours you do. I’m an A2 student and I work only on Saturdays which means that I still have time for revision (which I’m avoiding 😬) and social life. But if it’s more than that, then it might affect those things
Reply 2
Original post by regina_tay
Well it depends on how many hours you do. I’m an A2 student and I work only on Saturdays which means that I still have time for revision (which I’m avoiding 😬) and social life. But if it’s more than that, then it might affect those things

Thanks! I’m guessing it’s all about the hours so I’m just waiting to hear back from the people 🤔
Original post by ellenfasham

Thanks!!

Hi there,

I know you may not have heard back yet about hours however I have included a link below which outlines the hours you are allowed to work at your age so this might help you get an idea about how much free time you could have and if you can fit this into your revision.

https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/restrictions-on-child-employment

Best of luck - The National Careers Service is available on TSR for any further questions you may have.

Thanks - Sophie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending