The Student Room Group

should I bother going to prom?

I'm usually not one to go or get invited to parties, deadline to buy tickets for my school's prom is approaching soon and I'm not sure if I should go.

I'm not so keen to go because I don't enjoy events like that and I usually get left out and even leave really early, which would render my ticket and any other money I put forward to prom related stuff, a waste.

But a bunch of people are saying I should still go for the sake of experience and that 'it will be fun'?
You should go, it could be fun. Do you think you'd regret it if you didn't go?
Reply 2
It won't be fun as you sound like me. If you don't go you will know that your night will be fun as you can do what you want. The "prom" is an unknown quantity and thus has no reason to be suspected of being fun.
I wasn't going to go but eventually changed my mind by the time it was a few months to prom.

The dress thing wasn't really for me (I wore shorts underneath!!!😂) but I enjoyed spending time with friends with everyone liking gorgeous. Seriously, just about everyone I saw was complimenting each other on how they looked. It was a nice vibe and I actually really enjoyed it.

Our prom was such that everyone was taken there by coach so nobody could 'show off' by having limos and other ridiculous stuff like that. If you don't feel as though you'd enjoy it then don't go. Don't feel obligated to go just because others are.
I would really think if you want to go, particularly if your friends are. My friends bring up prom up a lot as one of the funniest memories, but your friends may not.
Yes it’s really fun and it’s really nice to see your teachers for the last time
My older brother went and said it was fun, but looking back he doesn't think much about school events anymore. He said it wouldn't have mattered overall. If you're not keen on those types of events, then do what you'd enjoy more. That's the point, isn't it?
Reply 7
I went to my high school prom and not my college "prom". Although I enjoyed it I personally didnt see what all the fuss was about for me the best part of those 2 nights was the After Prom partys anyway which i attended. My advice to you is if partying isnt your thing, I mean its not for everyone and I can respect that, then i would reccomend saving the money and then potentially then using that money to treat yourself to something you want to do or would like to have on that night.
I went and didn't really want to. It was just an expensive night of getting bullied. I'd have preferred to spend the evening playing video games. If you have friends and get along with other people it might be enjoyable but I wish I'd never bothered.
You can go (I did not.) but don't spend lots of money on clothes and renting a limo or whatever. I don't understand proms and renting stuff. I feel people do it to look good and have some fun but all I see is idiots wasting lots of money on something that will be forgotten a year later.
I'm not sure why you are trying to justify not going out by saying "I usually get left out", because if you don't go, then you really will get left out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending