The Student Room Group

second degree

Hi I have sent off my application to a second BSc degree, i graduated in 2010 and now want to study for Bsc in Physiotherapy in Sep 2018....i have been looking at the student finance online re. funding and student loans. Does anyone know if i can get a tuition loan or maintenance loan. it seems to be that i can if the course is part time or postgraduate level. does anyone know what the deal is for doing a 2nd degree? please help!
You might be able to get a maintenance loan, depending on the course, but you won't be able to get a tuition fee loan. You can look at the NHS and the university itself for other forms of financial help such as bursaries.
Some allied health professions are eligible for funding by SFE - I'm not sure if Physiotherapy is one of them, or to the extent of the funding (i.e. maintenance loan only, maintenance and tuition, etc). I would recommend getting in touch with SFE and finding out definitively - there is a forum on here where you can ask them questions and the SFE official staff will advise you (appropriately titled "Ask Student Finance England"). Although there might be a delay before you get a response of a a few hours to a day or two, you won't need to worry about having to sit on hold for hours trying to call them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending