The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan!!

I am 23 years old and I come from Spain. I have been living and working in uk for 4 years.
I wanted to start the university next year but I have called finance service and they say I can't have the maintenance loan because I do not qualify.
I have read about migrant worker loan but where should I have to ask?? I do really need help please, I don't know what to do.:s-smilie:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Scarlakz
I am 23 years old and I come from Spain. I have been living and working in uk for 4 years.
I wanted to start the university next year but I have called finance service and they say I can't have the maintenance loan because I do not qualify.
I have read about migrant worker loan but where should I have to ask?? I do really need help please, I don't know what to do.:s-smilie:

Hi Scarlakz,

In order to be assessed for the same level of support as a home student, EU nationals are required to meet the five year residency requirements in the UK.

If you do not meet the residency requirements but you or your EU/EEA family member are working in the UK, then you may be eligible to apply for the same level of support if you apply apply as a Migrant Worker.

The EEA Migrant Worker team assess students who do not meet the required standard core eligibility requirements but the student or their EU/EEA family member are working in the UK.

EU/EEA or Swiss National (or family member of)

Lawfully resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course

Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course

They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies

Student Finance England students who wish to apply as a Migrant Worker should apply as a full time home student online or by paper.

The application they should complete will be a PN1

Paper application should be posted to;

EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending