The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Who else has firmed Essex

I have firmed Essex to study psychology! I'm super excited to maybe get to know some people on my course or going to the university

Scroll to see replies

I have firmed Essex for Psychology as well :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by samsam1213!
I have firmed Essex for Psychology as well :smile:

Omg yaaay!!! I'm really excited to meet other people thinking of going there but I haven't seen any groupchats or anything for us. What are you studying now?
Original post by Spiceyjewle
Omg yaaay!!! I'm really excited to meet other people thinking of going there but I haven't seen any groupchats or anything for us. What are you studying now?

Sameee. I am studying psychology, sociology and health and social care. What about you?
Reply 4
Sameee. I am studying psychology, sociology and health and social care. What about you?

Maths physics and chemistry. Aaaaaaa I made the worst decisions with my alevels. Physics is near impossible :frown:
Maths physics and chemistry. Aaaaaaa I made the worst decisions with my alevels. Physics is near impossible :frown:

😩😩I dropped biology and chemistry last year because I found them so hard, hope you do well on them though. Are you travelling far to come to Essex?
Reply 6
😩😩I dropped biology and chemistry last year because I found them so hard, hope you do well on them though. Are you travelling far to come to Essex?

Well I'm moving there from London so kinda but it's an hour away from home. What about You?
I'm hoping I like living in my accommodation. I picked north towers. Where are you thinking of staying?
Well I'm moving there from London so kinda but it's an hour away from home. What about You?
I'm hoping I like living in my accommodation. I picked north towers. Where are you thinking of staying?

I actually live locally so thinking of staying at home, did you go to the applicant day?
Reply 8
I actually live locally so thinking of staying at home, did you go to the applicant day?

Ooooo
I did and it was snowing a **** tonne. It's really grey there but there's so much space I really liked it. I didn't really get to see town though
I have firmed Essex to study psychology! I'm super excited to maybe get to know some people on my course or going to the university

I firmed about two weeks ago for business management!!
Original post by mayaodette
I firmed about two weeks ago for business management!!

Heryyy are you planning on moving out at All?
Heryyy are you planning on moving out at All?

I am actually from New York City so kinda have to haha. I sent in my application for accommodation, wanted to stay on campus since its so much more convenient and easier. What about you? Are you from Essex?
I am actually from New York City so kinda have to haha. I sent in my application for accommodation, wanted to stay on campus since its so much more convenient and easier. What about you? Are you from Essex?

OMFG THATS SO COOL :biggrin: im from london so i plan on living there. I applied for the towers but I'm considering changing... I'm not sure yet.
OMFG THATS SO COOL :biggrin: im from london so i plan on living there. I applied for the towers but I'm considering changing... I'm not sure yet.

Haha I chose The Houses, I would´ve chosen the towers because of all the parties I heard that go on there. But I really wanted my own bathroom and less people in each flat. I´m Maya btw :smile:
Haha I chose The Houses, I would´ve chosen the towers because of all the parties I heard that go on there. But I really wanted my own bathroom and less people in each flat. I´m Maya btw :smile:

Ooo they did looke really nice when I want to see them. Im not too fussed about sharing a bathroom im just worried about noise. How come you chose to leave NYC? I'm Saff :smile:
Ooo they did looke really nice when I want to see them. Im not too fussed about sharing a bathroom im just worried about noise. How come you chose to leave NYC? I'm Saff :smile:

Dont get me wrong, I love love love NYC. Always will be a New Yorker at heart. But I feel like with university, you want a bit of a change from what you've been used to. And I didn't really like any other state in the US. When I visited the UK over the summer, I loved it. As cheesy as it sounds, I felt like I wanted to call it home haha. Plus I love that you guys don't have general education classes and just go straight into classes based on your program.

Also American schools are way too overpriced. I got a really good scholarship but even with it, Id be paying just as much to go to university in England.

With Essex, it was a perfect distance from London. An hour away which means I can still intern in a major city like if I stayed home. Plus all the students events and vibe seems like an experience I want. I am very excited to go. A bit nervous which is why I came on here to meet new people and ease the nerves :smile:

What about you? Why move away from London? You ready for your exams? I took mine in November but I know it's different in the UK. You guys take them in July if I'm not mistaken right?
Dont get me wrong, I love love love NYC. Always will be a New Yorker at heart. But I feel like with university, you want a bit of a change from what you've been used to. And I didn't really like any other state in the US. When I visited the UK over the summer, I loved it. As cheesy as it sounds, I felt like I wanted to call it home haha. Plus I love that you guys don't have general education classes and just go straight into classes based on your program.

Also American schools are way too overpriced. I got a really good scholarship but even with it, Id be paying just as much to go to university in England.

With Essex, it was a perfect distance from London. An hour away which means I can still intern in a major city like if I stayed home. Plus all the students events and vibe seems like an experience I want. I am very excited to go. A bit nervous which is why I came on here to meet new people and ease the nerves :smile:

What about you? Why move away from London? You ready for your exams? I took mine in November but I know it's different in the UK. You guys take them in July if I'm not mistaken right?

I wanna move out but I don't really see a point if I move out to stay in London. I'd like to go somewhere quiet but with a nice community. I really like the atmosphere at Essex and the course was great too. I'm both so ready and not ready they're all in July and I'm so nervous but I'll smash them and get in I'm sure. I really wanna meet people going there cause I'm super shy. I'd like to know some people before I go!
I wanna move out but I don't really see a point if I move out to stay in London. I'd like to go somewhere quiet but with a nice community. I really like the atmosphere at Essex and the course was great too. I'm both so ready and not ready they're all in July and I'm so nervous but I'll smash them and get in I'm sure. I really wanna meet people going there cause I'm super shy. I'd like to know some people before I go!

Oh that makes a lot of sense. You dont seem shy to me haha! I agree though, I´m a bit of a talker but I still would like to meet people before I go. I´m sure you will do great on the exams too. We should keep in touch, if you instagram or snapchat
Oh that makes a lot of sense. You dont seem shy to me haha! I agree though, I´m a bit of a talker but I still would like to meet people before I go. I´m sure you will do great on the exams too. We should keep in touch, if you instagram or snapchat

absolutely! I'll dm you :biggrin:
Psychology with cognitive neuroscience from London

Quick Reply

Latest