The Student Room Group

My crush is not nice anymore after my mate lied to her I'm in a relationship

My crush is such as a nice sweet woman who always says hi to me with a beautiful smile and acts like we are old friends. She often touches me whilst talking to me, jumps with joy, sings in front of me etc. I only met her like a month ago, well 2 months now. One of my mate who I think is jealous that I talk to her took me out the other day and we both got drunk and I stupidly told him I've been out with xx amount of women and I'm currently with 2 women. However none of this is true. I'm single and only been in 4 relationships in my life. I'm 25 years old. I don't understand how I said, we just happened to talk about sex and women over drinks. I can't remember what my mate told me. In fact I can't remember what I did that day. I do know that my mate told my crush everything I said to him whilst drunk. So now she is not as nice as she was, she tries to avoid me by looking elsewhere although I've spotted her looking at me but as soon I lay my eyes on her, she looks elsewhere. She also gives me fake smiles. We still talk like normally but she no longer touches me, jumps with joy, sings songs etc. I didn't understand why she is doing this until a few weeks later I realised what my mate told her. So when I went to explain to her everything, she didn't seem to care or want to listen and said she's already got a boyfriend and walked off. A couple days later I found out that she does indeed have a boyfriend and it is her ex who she got back to and she only got back to him recently after my mate told her about me. I just regret going out with my mate. I mean how could I spew all this crap which wasn't even true and lost the chance of having such a nice woman. I'm really upset at my mate and don't know what to do, I'll probably get in a fight with him. Somebody please help me, what the best thing to do?
Original post by Anonymous
My crush is such as a nice sweet woman who always says hi to me with a beautiful smile and acts like we are old friends. She often touches me whilst talking to me, jumps with joy, sings in front of me etc. I only met her like a month ago, well 2 months now. One of my mate who I think is jealous that I talk to her took me out the other day and we both got drunk and I stupidly told him I've been out with xx amount of women and I'm currently with 2 women. However none of this is true. I'm single and only been in 4 relationships in my life. I'm 25 years old. I don't understand how I said, we just happened to talk about sex and women over drinks. I can't remember what my mate told me. In fact I can't remember what I did that day. I do know that my mate told my crush everything I said to him whilst drunk. So now she is not as nice as she was, she tries to avoid me by looking elsewhere although I've spotted her looking at me but as soon I lay my eyes on her, she looks elsewhere. She also gives me fake smiles. We still talk like normally but she no longer touches me, jumps with joy, sings songs etc. I didn't understand why she is doing this until a few weeks later I realised what my mate told her. So when I went to explain to her everything, she didn't seem to care or want to listen and said she's already got a boyfriend and walked off. A couple days later I found out that she does indeed have a boyfriend and it is her ex who she got back to and she only got back to him recently after my mate told her about me. I just regret going out with my mate. I mean how could I spew all this crap which wasn't even true and lost the chance of having such a nice woman. I'm really upset at my mate and don't know what to do, I'll probably get in a fight with him. Somebody please help me, what the best thing to do?

No point getting into a fight, just dump him.
The other girl is now in a relationship so let that finish , but you can make it clear that whatever he told her was untrue and leave it at that.

What strange things to make up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending