The Student Room Group

Help!

I have been accepted to study 2 courses at Glasgow Caledonian: diagnostic radiotherapy and therapeutic radiotherapy and I can't choose. I'm 28 and this will be my 2nd degree, I previously graduated in 2011 so it's been a while since I've been to uni!

I love the sound of both courses. I've written pro/ con lists over and over and there are many good points for each.

Is anybody on either course (course names are diagnostic imaging and radiotherapy and oncology) or doing the job for the NHS? Any pros/ cons I may not have thought of?

Thanks!
Original post by stephislater
I have been accepted to study 2 courses at Glasgow Caledonian: diagnostic radiotherapy and therapeutic radiotherapy and I can't choose. I'm 28 and this will be my 2nd degree, I previously graduated in 2011 so it's been a while since I've been to uni!

I love the sound of both courses. I've written pro/ con lists over and over and there are many good points for each.

Is anybody on either course (course names are diagnostic imaging and radiotherapy and oncology) or doing the job for the NHS? Any pros/ cons I may not have thought of?

Thanks!

Is there any way you can get relevant experience before you have to choose? If not I would take time out and get work experience to work out what you want to do before jumping in and potentially spending time effort and money on something you don't want to do.
Original post by alleycat393
Is there any way you can get relevant experience before you have to choose? If not I would take time out and get work experience to work out what you want to do before jumping in and potentially spending time effort and money on something you don't want to do.

I have visits arranged to each department at local hospitals within the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately can't do any work experience due to NHS confidentiality etc.

I also currently work full time, and I can't afford to take time off unless I am at uni with the student loan due to having a mortgage etc
Original post by stephislater
I have visits arranged to each department at local hospitals within the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately can't do any work experience due to NHS confidentiality etc.

I also currently work full time, and I can't afford to take time off unless I am at uni with the student loan due to having a mortgage etc

Visits are good enough to get you an idea of what each entails and talk to people in the field. Ask about things like work conditions, work life balance, career progression etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending