The Student Room Group

Will student finance fund me even though i have had funding from them twice before

Hi,I started an adult nursing degree in 2015 but i left in 2016 - so i received one year maintenance loan from student finance. I applied for a part time loan with student finance in 2016/2017 and this was for a one year course higher eduction. - I failed this as i didn't complete and student finance paid around 1300 instead of 5000. I am considering a foundation degree, possibly to go onto teacher training so would need to progress to an Hons. Would student finance fund me?
hiya, i'll tag @Lemur14 so this can be moved to the correct section where you're more likely to get advice :smile:
Original post by nicole.mc
Hi,I started an adult nursing degree in 2015 but i left in 2016 - so i received one year maintenance loan from student finance. I applied for a part time loan with student finance in 2016/2017 and this was for a one year course higher eduction. - I failed this as i didn't complete and student finance paid around 1300 instead of 5000. I am considering a foundation degree, possibly to go onto teacher training so would need to progress to an Hons. Would student finance fund me?

Original post by entertainmyfaith
hiya, i'll tag @Lemur14 so this can be moved to the correct section where you're more likely to get advice :smile:

Thanks for the tag :smile: Have moved this to Ask Student Finance England :smile:
I know you get the length of your course plus one gift hear from student finance and since you've already had 2 years my instinct would be that you have to pay one year (which would be the first year as they count backwards) but I'll let those who have a lot more knowledge than me answer!
Original post by nicole.mc

Hi Nicole,

A Foundation Degree attracts full student support.

They are usually 2 years in length but we will take into account any years of full-time previous study that you have had.

If you are studying full -time we will not count any years of part-time study where you did not gain a qualification.

For example if the length of your new full-time course is two years and we allow you one year of additional support, this is how we calculate your future entitlement,

2 + 1 = 3 years - 1 (minus one year previous study) =2 years

This leaves you with two years funding available, you will be eligible for full support for the length of your new course but not for any years you may need to repeat without compelling personal reasons.

If you then want to go on and undertake a teacher training qualification, funding will depend on whether it is an undergraduate course with a duration of 2 years or less, over two years in length or a PGCE.

Can you advise what type of teaching course are you looking to do?

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending