The Student Room Group

History EPQ help- what topic?

I'm in AS currently and will be starting my EPQ in the summer after my AS exams. I study both Ancient History (400BC to 69AD- Rome and Greece) and Early Modern Late medieval history (1509-1603- Germany and England).
However, for my EPQ I want to look into some modern (1500-present) history (I want to look into something different to my normal subjects).
I like the idea of looking away from Europe and more into Asia
As it is a VERY large subject area I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good topics?
Original post by _lucie_
I'm in AS currently and will be starting my EPQ in the summer after my AS exams. I study both Ancient History (400BC to 69AD- Rome and Greece) and Early Modern Late medieval history (1509-1603- Germany and England).
However, for my EPQ I want to look into some modern (1500-present) history (I want to look into something different to my normal subjects).
I like the idea of looking away from Europe and more into Asia
As it is a VERY large subject area I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good topics?

I have noticed a growing trend to offer options in Eastern history.
Make sure the area interests you.
It needs to give you the opportunity to analyse, deal with different sources and evaluate so you can contribute your original thought.

There is no problem doing a different period and area, so I would suggest reading some short books about the development of Eastern history so you know your timelines. Pick a country and then imo I think picking an event or a short period of time works well for an EPQ.

You cant really generate ideas until you have done some research and I generally dont offer essay titles as its a poor choice to be given a subject when part of the aim is to find something that inspires you.

Even though its an unfamiliar period, then your research must be of sufficient quality lest you look out of your depth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending