The Student Room Group

I am an apprentice who was wrongfully dismissed.

So, to give you a bit of background I am a Digital Marketing apprentice and have been with my company for 6 months now. Throughout my time with them they gave me quite a lot of positive feedback and just a week or so ago told me I was improving. Skip forward a few days to Monday, and I am dragged in the office first thing to suspend me with no prior warning and told me there was no improvement and made some accusations that are proven to be untrue.

I am looking for some advice on what I can do regarding this situation.
Original post by Chloe7x
So, to give you a bit of background I am a Digital Marketing apprentice and have been with my company for 6 months now. Throughout my time with them they gave me quite a lot of positive feedback and just a week or so ago told me I was improving. Skip forward a few days to Monday, and I am dragged in the office first thing to suspend me with no prior warning and told me there was no improvement and made some accusations that are proven to be untrue.

I am looking for some advice on what I can do regarding this situation.

National Apprenticeship Service at:

Apprenticeship helpline: Telephone: 0800 015 0400 or 0247 682 6482

Email: [email protected]

ACAS
Acas Helpline number is 0300 123 1100.

CAB
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

Preserve all documents and communications.

Make a timeline.
You also need a copy of your contract, any communications from them and any employment handbook.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
You also need a copy of your contract, any communications from them and any employment handbook.

Thank you so much for your response. I have managed to obtain and employment handbook and contract however they have suspended me from collecting evidence at work so it's hard for me to get any communications from them.
Original post by Chloe7x
Thank you so much for your response. I have managed to obtain and employment handbook and contract however they have suspended me from collecting evidence at work so it's hard for me to get any communications from them.

Contact the people above. and arrange an appointment to go and see someone at CAB. You cna also try your local law centre. Do the timeline and a short written statement as to what happened. I imagine you are shocked and upset so it will be nice for you to talk to someone who can listen.

Whoever it is needs to check whether what they have done is correct or not. they need to look at your contract and all the evidence. Do you have a training provider? If you trust them , then you could contact them as well, although not sure if theyd be on the side of the employer.. be determined and patient. Chances of going back may be small, but if they have not followed procedure, then there may be some protection and compensation.
Reply 5
Look at the regulations for suspension make sure they have been followed . also your contract. Plus government web sites on the terms of your apprenticeship. Contact citizens advice.
Sounds like they wanted your for cheap labor and are now done with that. Disgraceful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending