2018 Driving test fail experiences

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student1191
Yeah it can be annoying, I failed yesterday too :frown:

Ah that's sad! what'd you fail on?
Original post by lemonn27
Ah that's sad! what'd you fail on?

Read post above ^^^
I passed second time round today. My first test I got 4 minors and 1 serious. The serious was for driving too close to parked cars even though the road was very narrow. I passed second time with 12 minors which is quite high
Heya. I took my test for the first time today and failed with one major and five minors.

My major was that I drove too close to the wall leaving the test centre so the examiner put his foot on the break. Three of my minors were for driving too close to parked vehicles.

I also had a minor for being too cautious at a junction and slow to move away at traffic lights. It was a bit rubbish knowing from the beginning I'd made a major mistake and definitely failed but I'll learn from it. Rebooked for next month.

My manoeuvre was forward parking and I also got an emergency stop. My tell me question was where I would find the information about ideal tyre pressures and show me question was front windscreen wiper and washer.
Good attitude - well done for holding it together and continuing. Best of luck for next time.
Reply 65
I failed my driving test on a roundabout, apparently this is called a "straight". This is when you go straight across the roundabout instead of keeping to the right and following the road Lane!🙄 This was my only serious and I had 5 minors. I have booked for the 10th of January 2019....wish me luck 🤞⭐
Good Luck to all taking the practical driving test also!
Don’t lose focus what so ever I failed today and had 3 minors until I came up to the final road to the test centre, got too excited and didn’t see a change in the light in which the instructor had to slam the brakes, absolutely gutted just keep focus at all times
Reply 67
I honestly don't understand examiners - failed my first test because there are a couple of roads in my area where it's two lanes, but they're not marked, and I didn't get over to the left soon enough - other than that it was a pretty all right drive, only 7 minors. I passed second time in a different test centre on an absolutely horrendous drive with 13 minors where I hit the curb, went wrong on my sat nav drive, and stalled like twice (the nerves really got the best of me, I'm a generally fine driver otherwise) - when the examiner was telling me what went wrong I kept expecting him to change his mind and fail me, there was that much he needed to say! I wouldn't have passed me! I will say that it's true what people say though, you really only properly learn to drive after you've passed!
Original post by Miacasey16
Heya. I took my test for the first time today and failed with one major and five minors.

My major was that I drove too close to the wall leaving the test centre so the examiner put his foot on the break. Three of my minors were for driving too close to parked vehicles.

I also had a minor for being too cautious at a junction and slow to move away at traffic lights. It was a bit rubbish knowing from the beginning I'd made a major mistake and definitely failed but I'll learn from it. Rebooked for next month.

My manoeuvre was forward parking and I also got an emergency stop. My tell me question was where I would find the information about ideal tyre pressures and show me question was front windscreen wiper and washer.

Just back with an update. I showed up for my test in December only to be told I shouldn't be there as it had been cancelled three weeks earlier and changed to January. I'd not been informed. Went back today for my test and finally passed.

I got four minors; one for driving too fast approaching a junction so that I had to go through on Amber, one for not checking my blind spot enough on the manoeuvre and I can't remember the other two. My manoeuvre was parallel park and I didn't have to follow sat nav. Absolutely delighted. Keep going guys it's worth it when you get there
Did anyone pass yet? I had my first yesterday and failed was absolutely gutted. Literally don't no what came over me. My nerves went through the roof and the whole test just seemed a blur. I got 3 minors for undue hesitation and a major for entering a 20 zone at 30 😩 I'm dreading going in for it again. Plus my examiner was a dragon. Made me feel so uncomfortable from the off. Was really arsey I think thats what made me worse.
Failed twice last year, both times because I'm not a great driver. First was because a taxi pulled out in front of me and I apparently got too close for the examiner, who had to use the brake. Second time I did quality up to the last roundabout where I made a van slow down by going around too slow, gutting. Got my third test tomorrow morning. Definitely messed up by booking it again, looking forward to coming back here and letting you all know I've failed (again!)

UPDATE:

I actually passed, I can’t believe it. It’s possible everyone!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Dansam12
Did anyone pass yet? I had my first yesterday and failed was absolutely gutted. Literally don't no what came over me. My nerves went through the roof and the whole test just seemed a blur. I got 3 minors for undue hesitation and a major for entering a 20 zone at 30 😩 I'm dreading going in for it again. Plus my examiner was a dragon. Made me feel so uncomfortable from the off. Was really arsey I think thats what made me worse.

I finally passed. I thought it will NEVER happen. Don’t worry too much about it, not every one passes the first time. Even though you didn’t pass, 3 minors is a very good result. We all learn from our mistakes and now you know what to look out for. Never be too harsh on yourself, because YOU WILL EVENTUALLY PASS.
Original post by Bubblylibra
I finally passed. I thought it will NEVER happen. Don’t worry too much about it, not every one passes the first time. Even though you didn’t pass, 3 minors is a very good result. We all learn from our mistakes and now you know what to look out for. Never be too harsh on yourself, because YOU WILL EVENTUALLY PASS.

Aww that's brilliant news, I'm booking mine again tomorrow morning. I'm going to try and get in again end of Feb. It's a little disheartening when you out your all into something though and fail. Fingers crossed for next time though like you say at least I no where I went wrong. I'm sure I'll appreciate it more when I finally pass :smile:
Original post by Dansam12
Aww that's brilliant news, I'm booking mine again tomorrow morning. I'm going to try and get in again end of Feb. It's a little disheartening when you out your all into something though and fail. Fingers crossed for next time though like you say at least I no where I went wrong. I'm sure I'll appreciate it more when I finally pass :smile:

No problem :smile: Book it, and if the dates are super late, download testi on your mobile :smile: Don’t feel too disheartened!
Reply 74
Hi guys sorry to jump on, failed my second test today at West Didsbury Manchester, failed because I went through on an Amber light, I thought I was to close to stop as it changed as I was just about to come through it, with 3 minors 2 for shunting in my parallel parking and one for stalling. I failed my first test because the sat nav told me to turn right at a junction and because I couldn't because of someone blocking the road I had to wait and then go he failed me for hesitating to long at a junction, I got 6 minors on that one. The examiner on my first test was not very nice and he openly admitted that he couldn't be arsed that day and he wasn't on the mood, when we got back and he said id failed because of that even my instructer defended what had happened the examiner replied I've made my decision got out and that was that. Today, I felt so deflated because this examiner said at the end if you had of stopped I would of passed you my instucter said surley that's not a serious fault as it had only just gone onto Amber as I was passing. Obviously i still failed. I can drive and this is just so utterly frustrating that again I've failed on something so small! Feel abit stupid actually! The test has been rebooked but I just keep thinking now what the point seriously if I'm just going to fail again!
Original post by Sara p
The test has been rebooked but I just keep thinking now what the point seriously if I'm just going to fail again!

Sara, you need to be a little more positive! The point is to pass. You are nearer to the end than the beginning. The more you hype up your failures, the more stressed you will be on your next exams!
Reply 76
Thanks for your reply. It's not that I'm not being positive I am a very onward and upward type of person I'm just frustrated. Silly failed tests. I have already rebooked the test.
Original post by Sara p
Thanks for your reply. It's not that I'm not being positive I am a very onward and upward type of person I'm just frustrated. Silly failed tests. I have already rebooked the test.

I know the feeling! When I failed I immediately booked a new test every time. I booked it so many times and eventually remembered my license number off by heart lol
Reply 78
Lol I know it's getting the same for me haha I know I eventually will be driving it's just when u fail on one silly thing it drives you crazy doesn't it! Will be soon sat there doing the old 10 to 2 sweating up again lol
Original post by Sara p
Lol I know it's getting the same for me haha I know I eventually will be driving it's just when u fail on one silly thing it drives you crazy doesn't it! Will be soon sat there doing the old 10 to 2 sweating up again lol

It is disheartening and frustrating. Don’t worry about it too much though. Not many people pass the first time and each “failure” doesn’t mean that driving is not for you or that you’re a crap driver. Trust me, once you pass and drive without that L plate, you’ll see how many people shouldn’t drive lol. You just gotta meet their standards, tick all the boxes and make sure the examiner feels safe in the car. It’s easier said than done, but there’s nothing more to it :P From personal experience I know that each examiner is different - some are lenient, and some are way too harsh. What I know is that I made the mistake of not letting my instructor go with me... and the day I did, I passed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending