The Student Room Group

We are together but why is it like this??

So we talk all the time using text and we have hanged out a couple of times. We recently became a couple but nothing seemed to have changed. We dont even hang out in school or talk to each other. We met a couple of times but thats it... It seems like we only go out online. What should I do so that we talk to each other face to face more? ( Its pretty difficult to approach him since hes always with his big group of friends.
Original post by Anonymous
So we talk all the time using text and we have hanged out a couple of times. We recently became a couple but nothing seemed to have changed. We dont even hang out in school or talk to each other. We met a couple of times but thats it... It seems like we only go out online. What should I do so that we talk to each other face to face more? ( Its pretty difficult to approach him since hes always with his big group of friends.

Ask him to meet with you alone.
This is the problem with our generation relying so heavily on technology...
Reply 3
How did you manage to get into a relationship with someone you hardly meet in person? :s-smilie:

That's something you need to change. Suggest you meet more often, go on more dates and hang out outside of the Internet.

If you are a couple, there should be no issues in initiating dates.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
How did you manage to get into a relationship with someone you hardly meet in person? :s-smilie:

That's something you need to change. Suggest you meet more often, go on more dates and hang out outside of the Internet.

Thats the thing... its really difficult. Its like you know. Long distance relationship. Its like we are more of a couple when texting than in real life.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
Ask him to meet with you alone.

I really want to do that but its really difficult. Im worried too. What if he doesnt want to?
This is the problem with our generation relying so heavily on technology...

That is true. I hate it.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS

Well... we are in the same year. We just started talking to each other last year in december. And got to know each other through messaging. Its hard to meet up in person (he works after school till later at night so theres hardly any time to) or talk to him during school.
Ask him if he wants to go get 2pc chicken and chips
I really want to do that but its really difficult. Im worried too. What if he doesnt want to?

Sorry, I'm failing to understand how it's difficult to go on dates or meet with the person you're supposed to be in a relationship with. Honestly it sounds like you aren't mature enough to be in one.

Literally all you have to do is call him and ask him to meet. If that's too difficult then you shouldn't be in this relationship until you're ready for one.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sorry, I'm failing to understand how it's difficult to go on dates or meet with the person you're supposed to be in a relationship with. Honestly it sounds like you aren't mature enough to be in one.

Literally all you have to do is call him and ask him to meet. If that's too difficult then you shouldn't be in this relationship until you're ready for one.

This is like our first serious relationship... we both have no idea what to do? We really like each other. I want us to be together more but we hardly get the chance to...
This is like our first serious relationship... we both have no idea what to do? We really like each other. I want us to be together more but we hardly get the chance to...

You call each other and say "hey, do you want to go to X place or do X activity?" and then you arrange a time and date to meet, and then you meet each other and have conversations.

Relationship is all about effort. If you can't find the time for each other then it's not a good time for a relationship. My boyfriend is a 10 hour flight away and every week we schedule for us to video all for a minimum of 3 hours as a "date" (we call lots of times in-between too). You can't just say "oh well it's really hard" without actually putting in 100% of effort. It will take a bit of figuring out at first, but once you do it's worth it.
Sounds like he's not ready to tell his friends? But maybe he already has idk, just sounds like he's a bit embarrassed maybe it his first relationship.
Just break up. I've been in relationships like this and nobody benefits. Couples should feel comfortable hanging out regardless of your age or maturity. You can't really like someone without real life interaction. You just like the idea of having a boyfriend.

OOF

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending