The Student Room Group

Complex crush on friend

Okay this needs a bit of context but I'm not sure what to do please help lol.
So over the last few months I've made a new group of friends after starting uni. There's this one guy who I've become quite close to but I've now developed quite a big crush on. However when he introduced himself to me, he told me he was gay, which I was like okay cool, he's attractive but won't be in to me. thats fine. So we just were friends for a few months until last month when we got really drunk on a night out together and he made out with me. This kinda flicked a switch in me and I told my best friend (who is also good friends with him) that I kind of liked him and she told him this. Ever since then we've been flirting and joking a lot and he's started saying he's pansexual and not gay. We hang out a lot as part of a friend group and our friends have all been teasing us, making us sit next to each other when we go out for food, pushing us into each other in the club or walking way ahead or behind us to leave us alone together etc. So we chat a lot and we message each other quite often too. Then last week, we went out to the club together and got really drunk (we were having a competition to see who could drink more cause we're both lightweights and competitive af, we're still arguing who won, I kind of got told to leave the club by the bouncers but I also made it into work at 9am the next morning and he was mostly okay but was sick and had a bad hangover the next day) and we kissed a lot. Because we were both really drunk we left early and he couldn't be bothered walking home (I live a 5min walk away and he lives 25min walk away) so him, me and one of our other friend went back to mine. Because I live in student halls I only have a single bed, so our other friend slept on my bedroom floor and while I was taking off my makeup the guy I like stripped down to his boxers and climbed into my bed. Cause I had work the next morning I needed sleep and because I was still really drunk I just climbed into my now very cramped single bed with him. We then flirty argued for like an hour about stealing the bed sheets and who was being the big spoon (he wanted to be little spoon cause I'm a little taller than him but I wanted to be it cause I'm the girl and it was my bed) in the end we decided to just cuddle. But during this time I was like kissing his neck and giving him little kisses. Our friend on the floor at this point was quite mad at us cause they wanted to sleep. Since that night we've only seen each other once and it was a little awkward because we're both kind of quiet when sober but we still kind of had flirty/sarcastic banter, so I don't know if he likes me or not but our friends keep telling me that we keep talking about each other all the time? Anyway if you could be bothered to read all that I need some advice on what to do now cause I'm super confused. Thanks!
Reply 1
Pretty much be upfront with him and say you like him and if he likes you to be honest :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending