The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why does this even bother you? :confused:
She's probably just a friend, its 2018 people can be friends with the opposite gender!
Original post by numanuma
Totally agree. When u choose to be in a relationship, u have rights over that person emotionally and physically, and they have rights over you. If your partner doesn't like a behaviour then you need to make an effort to stop, otherwise leave the relationship. If you're going to hurt someone's feelings in this misguided delusion that 'men and women can be friends, therefore you have no right to prevent me from hanging out with friends of the opposite sex', then you are with the wrong person because your mentalities don't match. Be with someone who treats u with the respect u want and deserve, and naturally you'd do the same. At end of day it's about priorities.

What the **** are you on about? No one has rights over someone elses emotions or where they go or who they see, apart from themselves!
Original post by DrawTheLine
I fail to understand how going to the cinema with a friend is a date. I go to the cinema with my friends, does that automatically mean we are on a date? Um, no. If OP thinks it's a date, she has a problem considering they're just friends. She doesn't trust her boyfriend, and trust is essential in any relationship.

However, if OP's boyfriend has given the OP reason to doubt him, then it's a bit more reasonable. However that wasn't suggested in the OP hence my reply.

Who knows what might happen in an intimate environment like that?
Original post by Sataris

Two friends go and see a film. That's literally it because they're friends and nothing more.
You have EVERY right to be annoyed. He is legit going on a date with another girl.
Original post by DrawTheLine
and nothing more.

Not yet, anyway
Original post by Sataris
Not yet, anyway

You must have been cheated on in the past in order to have no trust like this.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so pissed.

He met her in his uni course. He says that they are just friends, but I am still annoyed. I don't want him hanging out with her. Not that she's very pretty or hot, I mean, she might be cute, but that's it, but it still annoys me.

Help?!!!

Well finish it then if you don't like it, male and females can hang out and just be friends you know, I would personally dump you for kicking off about it if i were in the boyfriends shoes, clearly you have a lack of trust. He is allowed to have a life.
Ask to go with them if he says no then there up to something.
If theres no problem surely he'd say yes right?
I'm so pissed.

He met her in his uni course. He says that they are just friends, but I am still annoyed. I don't want him hanging out with her. Not that she's very pretty or hot, I mean, she might be cute, but that's it, but it still annoys me.

Help?!!!

Well, he must find her a bit pretty, for him to be going out with her.
This thread is very similar to another one as the same amount of arrogance is showing.
If it's affecting you so much, just go with them or tell him not to go as it makes you uncomfortable :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Literally, you have issue. Boy and girls can be friends, meaning they can go to the cinema together as friends.
Original post by Sataris

Intimate? Its a cinema. Two friends going to see a film together!
I'm so pissed.

Help?!!!

I would be horrified if my bf did that!!!!!!
I would talk to him about it!
Friendship can lead to something more...
Reply 33
Unless there was a sudden change in behaviour, for example your boyfriend is hiding his phone from you or being really secretive, I don't think there's an issue with this.
Original post by Dann.It
Intimate? Its a cinema. Two friends going to see a film together!

Some people actually snog in the cinema- witnessed quite a few times
and some have the hands all over eachother
and the minor intimacy is holding hands and looking in each others eyes
so actually Dann.It two friends going to the cinema together can lead to intimacy :colone:
Original post by wonderdream
so actually Dann.It two friends going to the cinema together can lead to intimacy :colone:

And most of the time it won't.

I seriously wonder how some people are in relationships, if this is how they really feel about their partners having friends of the opposite sex and going somewhere with them.

I am seriously screwed according to some of you - I have friends of the opposite sex and I do things with them. But guess what? Their partners trust them.
Original post by wonderdream

Can yes, but doesn't mean will. So you're saying OP's partner shouldn't be allowed to go to the cinema with his friend to see a movie, merely because it's a friend of the opposite sex? In case it leads to 'intimacy'?
Original post by Tiger Rag
And most of the time it won't.

I seriously wonder how some people are in relationships, if this is how they really feel about their partners having friends of the opposite sex and going somewhere with them.

I am seriously screwed according to some of you - I have friends of the opposite sex and I do things with them. But guess what? Their partners trust them.

Okay most of the time it wont
What on earth do you do with your friends of the opposite sex????:s-smilie:
I can't believe people are gas lighting you .

You're right to be feeling the way you do. I think it's suspect and inconsiderate that your bf is taking another girl out to a intimate environment.
Original post by Dann.It
Can yes, but doesn't mean will. So you're saying OP's partner shouldn't be allowed to go to the cinema with his friend to see a movie, merely because it's a friend of the opposite sex? In case it leads to 'intimacy'?

Yeah because it CAN lead to intimacy and that would damage their relationship

Latest

Trending

Trending