The Student Room Group

going to uni with girlfriend

I have been with my girlfriend for about a year and we are down to go to the same uni and the same dorms. Parents say this is a mistake - do other kids do this and what do you think
I’m doin it, can’t wait, just make sure you’re definitely not gonna fight with this person and will be cool even if you break up. Tis’ a bold decision, maybe start staying round her’s or have her stay round yours more regularly to get use to living with each other.
All the best!
Original post by Anonymous
I have been with my girlfriend for about a year and we are down to go to the same uni and the same dorms. Parents say this is a mistake - do other kids do this and what do you think

I do think that it is not a wise idea to go to the same university, let alone live in the same dorm as your girlfriend. University is the period of time where you learn more about yourself and living with a girl, you have been with for a year can change that. You will be in a default comfort zone and you may become dependent on each other. You can have friends, but will have to remember that rules are going to be set between you two. No rules = ignorance of each party (side) , which means more trouble. How about if you break up? that is not something you want to deal with especially when living with them, I don't think it is as easy to move out, as if you were adults. You will strain your relationship. If you are meant to be together, you will find a way that doesn't include going to the same university and living together. If, not , that's just part of the life you'll leave behind and keep moving forward. You don't have to take my advice, but please consider something of it. Whatever you decide, it's OK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending