The Student Room Group

How to balance uni and having a girlfriend?

So I'm at Oxford uni and my girlfriend is at a Russell group uni and I'm not bragging or anything but I do get more work than she does- like over the summer I have to write 4000 words towards my dissertation and read lots of books. But my girlfriend never let's me do any work as she wants to be with me all the time over the holidays. And in the past when I've asked if I could do some work she gets really angry and says that I care more about my education than I care about her (which isn't true, I just have work that I have to get done). And during term time she wants to spend every weekend together and I get so burned out having to cram a whole weeks work into 4/5 days (and it means that I have no social life at uni). I'm worried about falling behind and not doing enough work as I haven't even started the work I need to do over the summer yet!

I do want to see my girlfriend but I feel really stressed about the work and I don't like it when she gets a guy at me for wanting to do work. I really don't know what to do as I can't talk to her about this as she'd get angry at me!!
Reply 1
You’re going to have to lay it on the line to her that although the relationship is a priority, education is important and there needs to be some time management. Reach an agreement and then respect work and play time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending