The Student Room Group

Resitting GCSE Science

I posted this in the GCSE forum, with little sucess. So i thoguht id psoty it here as i feel its more suitable.
Hi I’m a year 13 student looking to re-sit Chemistry, physics and Biology this year (I’m taking gap year) Now I’m really struggling to find where I can do this, i asked my school but they said no due to space, which I believe is just an excuse, and I contacted my local college but they only do biology and chemistry. I’m from south Yorkshire (Doncaster) and would be able to travel so any advice would be hugely appreciated. I’m doing this due to the fact I got grade C in Physics and chemistry and a Grade B in Biology, and if know I can do much better it was just down to laziness. Getting better grades in these would put me in better stead for getting into a better uni.
Original post by Tom4757
I posted this in the GCSE forum, with little sucess. So i thoguht id psoty it here as i feel its more suitable.
Hi I’m a year 13 student looking to re-sit Chemistry, physics and Biology this year (I’m taking gap year) Now I’m really struggling to find where I can do this, i asked my school but they said no due to space, which I believe is just an excuse, and I contacted my local college but they only do biology and chemistry. I’m from south Yorkshire (Doncaster) and would be able to travel so any advice would be hugely appreciated. I’m doing this due to the fact I got grade C in Physics and chemistry and a Grade B in Biology, and if know I can do much better it was just down to laziness. Getting better grades in these would put me in better stead for getting into a better uni.

Unless you're planning to study something science related at university it's a complete waste of time to do this. As long as you have maths and English language at least C or B grade (depending on the university) they don't care about any other GCSEs as long as you have at least 5 in total at at least a C grade. The only places that would care for non-science related courses would be universities like Oxford, Cambridge and LSE who don't want students to resit their GCSEs anyway because they want people who got the GCSE grades the first time.
Reply 2
Join the first GCSE science discord: https://discord.gg/z49qNtW

Quick Reply

Latest