The Student Room Group

Taking my own car for driving test

Hi,

I've done my research and I know that you need an extra mirror , no warning lights etc etc but one thing that is highlighted is the airbag warning light. I have a 2017 model vauxhall viva and at the top by the rear view mirror is the lights about my airbags ( passenger). It doesnt come on all the time but when it does i think its just saying that its on? Would this be allowed ?

also do i need any proof of insurance etc ?

Thank you
If there is any airbag warning - the car will not be taken on test. This is for safety reasons. If either of you have to brake harshly and a faulty airbag goes off, it can cause serious injury and possibly an accident to happen. Don't risk it - get it checked out.

You will be asked to sign that the vehicle you have brought is insured for the purposes of a driving test, but will not need any specific proof. They can check this themselves if they need to.

Good luck :-)
Check the vehicle handbook to see what the light means. If you are not sure get it checked by a garage. If it isn't showing at the beginning of the test you will obviously be allowed to start the test. If it comes on during the test the examiner may stop the test, but they may prefer to carry on rather than walking back to the test centre.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending