The Student Room Group

Can you resist modules you’ve failed in first year uni?

I failed a module. I passed the 30% component of it with a 2:2 but the 70% component I completely failed. I emailed them and they said resits where I’m july but I’m scared I’m going to get kicked out of uni... in all my other modules I’ve been getting 2:1 ‘s
Original post by Anonymous
I failed a module. I passed the 30% component of it with a 2:2 but the 70% component I completely failed. I emailed them and they said resits where I’m july but I’m scared I’m going to get kicked out of uni... in all my other modules I’ve been getting 2:1 ‘s

you won't get kicked out, find out where you went wrong on that component and work on that feedback.
I have the 70% exam tomorrow which I will probably get a low mark in and I have 0 on the other 30% so I will probably fail this module. I have at at least 2:1s in all my other modules so given that I'm only failing 1 will I get a chance to resit it at the start of 2nd year?
Most universities require at least 40% overall for you to continue onto second year. You're best off asking them directly though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending