The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde 2018 Modern languages freshers

Hey!

I thought I'd make a little thread for all of the Strath ML freshers for this year, I've got a conditional for BA French & Spanish and it's my firm so here's hoping I meet my conditions 😁

Who else is doing French and/or Spanish at Strathclyde? Or any language at all?

I'd love to have a little chat just so we can get to know each other better 😁
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Hi , I'm starting international business with Spanish this year. How are you feeling for starting uni? Have you been doing a lot to keep up your languages over the summer?
I've given myself a break from both of my languages but I'm going to start brushing up on the 1st August just to get myself used to them again. As for starting uni it still hasn't hit me that I've left S6 so it's still pretty surreal to me, I guess I'm also a bit nervous about the workload and different environment you know? Are you in the halls?
I know thats the same as me , I've totally taken a break from Spanish, definitely need to brush up on my grammar and listening skills before starting uni. I totally get you about the surreal feeling , I don't think its hit me yet that I won't be going back to school this year. Same , I'm nervous about the how different uni will be in comparison to school and the workload but also quite excited! No I'm not staying in halls, I online live about a 25 minute rain journey away from town. Are you staying in halls?
Same, I'm about 25 -35 minutes on a train. Maybe I'll see you in some of my Spanish lectures? I need to brush up on both my languages really badly because I done crash higher Spanish and stopped doing french in S5 after I finished Higher because my school didn't do advanced higher for any languages 😭
Yeah hopefully I'll see you in some of my Spanish lectures! That was the same as me , my school didn't do advanced higher Spanish so I went to a different school to do that in sixth year and I did both French and Spanish in 5th year. Have you registered for my place and everything?
Whats my place? I've not really registered for anything
Its the online site where you can access all your classes, I think the lecturers put up the slides and things like that on it. I got an email saying to register on it , maybe you will get it after results day x
Did you get an unconditional? because I havent heard anything from them since I firmed
Yeah I have an unconditional. All the best for results day, how are you feeling?
Thank you!! To be honest I'm alright, like I haven't thought about it too much and I start my new job on Wednesday (its an 8 hour contract) so that's more of a priority in my life right now.

Good luck for results day to you too 😄
Thanks so much!! Thats so exciting , where is your new job? Hope it all goes well!xx
Aww thank you so much 😄 and its in Home Bargains
Ah that will be great! Im working in Mcdonalds just now. Good luck!!x
Thank you 😁
Hi @LinguisticAlison and @sophielowee8

@LinguisticAlison how did you get on with your results?

We looking forward to welcoming you to Strathclyde in September. I'm currently a student at Strathclyde so if either of you have any questions then feel free to post on here or PM me!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
A in crash higher spanish and nat 5 maths (resit), B in Higher English and a C in Adv Higher Drama 😊 I'm going to Strath
Congrats @LinguisticAlison

Freshers Week begins on the 8th September and runs until 22nd September
More information can be found here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/freshersweek/

The Strath Union also has a lot going on during the week, it's good to check out their website too at:
https://www.strathunion.com/freshers2018/

Any other questions then let me know

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending