The Student Room Group

Is 4'10 (147cm) too short for a 16 year old guy?

Hey! So as you can tell I'm really small. I'm in the UK too. I have been my whole life and I'm done growing. I feel like I can't enjoy my life properly as whenever I want to go out anywhere I always feel like I'll get trampled on (Not literally) by everyone. I'm the smallest of anyone in my school and it's just embarrassing how small I am. There's people like 6'7 in my school and then there's me...
Lots of people always ask to compare sizes etc. With me and although I'm not a dwarf, I certainly feel like one. There's even 5'6 guys in school that get bullied for being small and they're a head taller than me.
So is 4'10 just too small for a guy? What can I do about it? Lots of my friends little sisters are taller than me already and it's just annoying.

Scroll to see replies

Well it is small but just part of life nothing you can really do about it is there. Shouldn't really hold you back much though.
Reply 2
Original post by Dylan_Poole1
Well it is small but just part of life nothing you can really do about it is there. Shouldn't really hold you back much though.

It's hard as even the average girl towers over me so I'm just too small
Sorry dude, seems like you drew the short straw in life. Idk..maybe move to Vietnam, you'll be average
What's the weather like down there buddy?
Reply 5
Original post by Cxm
Sorry dude, seems like you drew the short straw in life. Idk..maybe move to Vietnam, you'll be average

Vietnam's average is 5'4 for guys lol
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! So as you can tell I'm really small. I'm in the UK too. I have been my whole life and I'm done growing. I feel like I can't enjoy my life properly as whenever I want to go out anywhere I always feel like I'll get trampled on (Not literally) by everyone. I'm the smallest of anyone in my school and it's just embarrassing how small I am. There's people like 6'7 in my school and then there's me...
Lots of people always ask to compare sizes etc. With me and although I'm not a dwarf, I certainly feel like one. There's even 5'6 guys in school that get bullied for being small and they're a head taller than me.
So is 4'10 just too small for a guy? What can I do about it? Lots of my friends little sisters are taller than me already and it's just annoying.

I heard somewhere that size doesn't matter...
Reply 7
What's the weather like down there buddy?

Ffs giant
[QUOTE="Anonymous;77812150"]Vietnam's average is 5'4 for guys lol[/QUOTE

What about Bangladesh then?
Reply 9
[QUOTE="Cxm;77812218"]
Vietnam's average is 5'4 for guys lol[/QUOTE

What about Bangladesh then?

5'4 lol. Indonesia is shortest at 5'2
Original post by Joshey
I heard somewhere that size doesn't matter...

Sadly not true
Ffs giant

lol spill the beans, how?
TC you need to look at the benefits of being tiny. Child seats are expensive and while most will only get a year or 2s use out of them, youll get a lifetime.
I'm going to say nah, you sound potentially cute. But then I'm a bi guy so my opinions won't reflect "the norm" so much :lol:
Move to Phillipines, Indonesia or Bolivia
I think they all have/had average heights of less than 5ft
What really matters is the size of your heart... JK :ahee: as long as you have a long wanger then you should be fine
I'm nearly 21 and I'm 4'10. There's a lot of short guys out there. It's something you can't change, so don't let yourself get too upset about it. Personality gets you a lot further - I'd rather be 4'10 than be 6' and an absolute w*****.

Does it really affect you that much? I'm 5'7 my self and I do get mocked but I don't really care. I'm gonna be brutally honest , I'm 5'7 which is below average height but you are even below that , which is extremely short for a man/boy. But honestly don't give much thought about it , its just a waste of energy, we can always wish to be taller but you wont be just cause you wished for it. Make do with the charms you got. Even someone who is 4'10 can polish some edges and end up being a fine diamond.

Some questions.
Whats the height of your parents?
What year group are you?

If your parents are 5 ft + well likely you will be too. If this does really trouble you then its nice to have a good friend to vent your angers to.
Reply 17
Oh God no, not another damm height thread.
(edited 5 years ago)
Who cares? It's not like you can do anything about it. What's the point of worrying?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Who cares? It's not like you can do anything about it. What's the point of worrying?

Well you can do something bout it, its a type of surgery where they break your ankles and add in some sort of brace, which increases your height, not that im recommending it, but you can do something bout it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending