The Student Room Group

Casual sex at Cambridge

Hi, I am thinking of applying to Cambridge next year and one of the questions I have is about the casual sex scene.

I was told by one person that at Cambridge, sex does not occur a lot apart from the Fellows/tutors and it is very hard to find those who are willing to have casual sex (one night stands/fwb/outside of relationship sex).

When I asked another person about this they told me that sex is relatively easy to come by as long as you aren't social and stay in your room all the time.

I wanted to find out from current students what they think, seeing as I've heard conflicting views. Trolls please do not reply because I am genuinely curious as to how the sex scene is at Cambridge in particular.
Yes, lots and lots and lots of casual sex happens at Cambridge. It's a university, this shouldn't be surprising. Here are some tips for maximising casual sex utility:

- You go to a hill college and have a 9am the next morning in town; therefore go home with someone at a central college to take advantage of their convenient location

- The inverse of the above: perhaps you go to a central college and have a 9am supervision in Girton

- You go to a hill college and have rowing in the morning; ensure you go home with someone from Jesus to expedite your bed->boathouse journey time

- Your room only has one of those awful single/camp beds; therefore be sure that whomever you go home with has a fancy double bed so you can get a good night's rest

- You're going home with someone but oh no! Where are your keys? Don't fret: the Maths Library is open 24hrs a day and has beanbags to 'sleep' on

- Sometimes people try to have sex in the UL. Not sure why, this is weird.

- Do not sleep with your college parents/college staff and above all do not attend drinking society fresher swaps
Reply 2
Original post by Millihelen
Hi, I am thinking of applying to Cambridge next year and one of the questions I have is about the casual sex scene.

https://thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2010/03/10/the-great-cambridge-sex-survey-1032

(NB. take anything in The Tab with a very large pinch of sodium chloride.)
Reply 3
If I’m being honest , I’ve been looking for casual sex/one time/fwb and have had absolutely no luck at all. Can’t begin to tell you how many sites I’ve been on and it feels like either there fake accounts or just fake accounts. Or I’m not appealing lol. Of course it’s very awkward that risky I feel to go asking anyone, though being so busy with work and uni I don’t have a social life much.
i actually expected cambridge to have more casual sex lol, why? because alot of people there are very hORmONaL.
Original post by Doones
https://thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2010/03/10/the-great-cambridge-sex-survey-1032

(NB. take anything in The Tab with a very large pinch of sodium chloride.)
Original post by Sam7261
hi, i am here for conference. is there any girl, who want sex tonight

welcome to TSR 2019.

Spoiler

Reply 6
thanks
Original post by mnot
welcome to TSR 2019.

Spoiler

Original post by Sam7261
hi, i am here for conference. is there any girl, who want sex tonight

That's one way to do it
Reply 8
explain?
Original post by itskxmil
That's one way to do it
Bet you're a sex god
Original post by Sam7261
explain?
Reply 10
unfortunately i am not, sorry.....
Bet you're a sex god
If you go to Cambridge then obviously not lol

Original post by Sam7261
unfortunately i am not, sorry.....
Reply 12
well that makes sense. what about hangout?
If you go to Cambridge then obviously not lol
Babe am staying at hallmark Hotel no strings let me get u off babe
Well if ladies are looking for a older gent to see for casual sex l would be happy to help

Quick Reply

Latest