Casual sex at Cambridge Watch
I was told by one person that at Cambridge, sex does not occur a lot apart from the Fellows/tutors and it is very hard to find those who are willing to have casual sex (one night stands/fwb/outside of relationship sex).
When I asked another person about this they told me that sex is relatively easy to come by as long as you aren't social and stay in your room all the time.
I wanted to find out from current students what they think, seeing as I've heard conflicting views. Trolls please do not reply because I am genuinely curious as to how the sex scene is at Cambridge in particular.
- You go to a hill college and have a 9am the next morning in town; therefore go home with someone at a central college to take advantage of their convenient location
- The inverse of the above: perhaps you go to a central college and have a 9am supervision in Girton
- You go to a hill college and have rowing in the morning; ensure you go home with someone from Jesus to expedite your bed->boathouse journey time
- Your room only has one of those awful single/camp beds; therefore be sure that whomever you go home with has a fancy double bed so you can get a good night's rest
- You're going home with someone but oh no! Where are your keys? Don't fret: the Maths Library is open 24hrs a day and has beanbags to 'sleep' on
- Sometimes people try to have sex in the UL. Not sure why, this is weird.
- Do not sleep with your college parents/college staff and above all do not attend drinking society fresher swaps
Hi, I am thinking of applying to Cambridge next year and one of the questions I have is about the casual sex scene.
(NB. take anything in The Tab with a very large pinch of sodium chloride.)
- Political Ambassador