The Student Room Group

Depression is literally getting the better of me

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but i have been struggling with depression now for about 3/4 years. It has a huge impact on me in my daily life and it can affect my eating, so I can go from starving myself to then binge eating. I have bad thoughts run through my mind often and I am down a lot even when there is no need to. My moods are up an down but have been mainly down and I can sometimes find it hard to cope with. It doesn't help that i suffer from anxiety too and I can find it hard to open up to people about how I am feeling. My girlfriend understands a lot with where I am coming from as she used to have it too. It just seems to be a long process of recovery but I really do not see a change in it, if anything its getting worse. I try and hide the fact I am down so I don't bring others down but its really starting to drain on me and I just want to cry for help. I have had counselling but hasn't helped much as they were only 6 weeks long which clearly isn't enough time to help me get over it ( thats if i can get over it.) My depression I feel can impact the way I am in my relationship and with my family and I just seem to react in a negative way in front of people I know well and I think its starting to dwell on them too. I need help and advice as i'm not sure in how to "get over it."
Original post by Yokai
Fight it like japanese warrior anf u will win

I mean i could try hahah
Reply 2
Original post by missimoo8000
I mean i could try hahah

Do meditatiom for 30 mins straight it always helps. Also learn japanese pressure point methods they increase blood flow to ur brain and stop u from getting stress/head aches/anger/mood swings. Also do some martial art and fight like ninja to take ur mind off.
Reply 3
honour honour
Original post by Yokai2
Do meditatiom for 30 mins straight it always helps. Also learn japanese pressure point methods they increase blood flow to ur brain and stop u from getting stress/head aches/anger/mood swings. Also do some martial art and fight like ninja to take ur mind off.

My cousin does martial arts, i mean he could help me. Thank you for your advice i really appreciate it! (:
I am I'm in the exact same place as you, literally this post relates to me so much, if you wanna talk you can pm me :smile:
i hate talking to friends about it because i don't want them to see me differently or treat me differently but sometimes talking to someone you really trust helps, i hate opening up as well because i'm too arrogant about it but try to find the strength to do that. it'll feel so much better and really cheer you up. also when my depression gets really bad i don't look after myself (don't eat properly, almost bed ridden, moody, lack motivation to do anything) but making yourself look after yourself is really important. the most effective way is to make a routine, create it when you're having a good day. i've got a levels but when i was in a good mood i would make myself a proper breakfast in the morning and this routine has carried on even when i'm feeling low, and it's helped me so much
Original post by Cerys1w12
I am I'm in the exact same place as you, literally this post relates to me so much, if you wanna talk you can pm me :smile:

Yeah thank you so much. I will pop up sometime? x
[QUOTE="missimoo8000;78115652"]Yeah thank you so much. I will pop up sometime? x[/QUOTE

It's okay, yeah sure x
Original post by mabelchiltern
i hate talking to friends about it because i don't want them to see me differently or treat me differently but sometimes talking to someone you really trust helps, i hate opening up as well because i'm too arrogant about it but try to find the strength to do that. it'll feel so much better and really cheer you up. also when my depression gets really bad i don't look after myself (don't eat properly, almost bed ridden, moody, lack motivation to do anything) but making yourself look after yourself is really important. the most effective way is to make a routine, create it when you're having a good day. i've got a levels but when i was in a good mood i would make myself a proper breakfast in the morning and this routine has carried on even when i'm feeling low, and it's helped me so much

Yeah I totally know how you feel. I find it hard to open up about it sometimes as I don't want to bore people with my problems but I think it would help. Thank you ever so much for your reply (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending